How To Enable Fanless Mode in GTX 900 Series Video Cards

Out of curiosity, does this apply to the GTX 750 and 750 ti?

Cause last time I checked both these cards runs on the Maxwell architecture. I have an EVGA GTX 750Ti SC which the lowest fan rpm is 42% and is beyond loud in my system when I sleep at night. 

Looking for someone to tell me if this guide works or not before I attempt to break my card :D

Hi,

I used the maxwell-bios-tweaker for my 750ti in my htpc. It worked perfectly. Since this is a really cool and low power card, it stays quiet in idle, even though I have the smaller low profile version and almost no airflow around it.

@Lays: Thanks for posting this guide. Always nice to see, that someone makes the effort to share valuable information.

Ryzen 5 5600, 32GB DDR4, GTX 3070Ti, Acer Predator x34

InWin 901

Wow wow wow, are you guys forgetting there is something more at play here than just GPU temps? You can easily fry your VRM's or RAM chips this way. 

Big fucking caveat should be placed here! You need to make sure your VRM's are atleast passively cooled and if the card gets over 60-70% load without hitting a certain temp, the fans should turn on regardless. I killed my GTX 970 Strix by disregarding this!

Out of curiosity, does this apply to the GTX 750 and 750 ti?

Cause last time I checked both these cards runs on the Maxwell architecture. I have an EVGA GTX 750Ti SC which the lowest fan rpm is 42% and is beyond loud in my system when I sleep at night. 

Looking for someone to tell me if this guide works or not before I attempt to break my card :D

I have the exact same card and tried this method out of curiosity.

For some reason I couldn't read the bios through GPU-z 0.8.0, because the driver stopped working and gave me BSOD. But with gpu-z 0.8.2 i could read the BIOS.

After that it was really easy and it still works.