3 months without a case, can't finish build

So... yea I always wanted to build a pc, since I played with my 360 and tried to run some games on my laptop that could barely run tf2 with minimal settings of course. My build dream became more real in October, it seemed that I may be able to afford the parts and everything..  So in October 2014 I started doing research of all the parts i wanted, the only problem is that i live in Mexico, and the parts are either not available here or very very expensive.

So in Christmas I went with my family to USA and I remember this.. on December 23 I wanted to order all the parts from amazon.. but something happened and I could not do it until dec 24... On dec 24, more than half the parts raised in price and i was just able to buy the ones that had kept the discounts. Cause my dad had settled a budget of course. Some parts arrived, including the monitor but then i had to come back to Mexico and I could not buy the rest... So I managed to ask some friends that went to USA if they could bring me some parts and they did =D (this was in late January). But they could not bring me the case because they were traveling on plane and it's too bulky, so I didn’t ordered anyway

Now I have all the parts, the processor, the video card, a 1 tb hard drive, an SSD, the monitor, a cpu cooler, the ram, even a mouse, and I don’t have were to put it  :mellow: ...     

I'm still trying to buy a case but the shipping is more expensive than the case... so it’s not an option, and here in Mexico where I live at least, I have seen some cases that I don’t like and are very expensive.. so I’m kind of stuck.

Meanwhile i get to stare at the parts sitting in the corner of my closet. post-141155-0-76056400-1427930508_thumb.

Any advice for surviving this frustration?

post-141155-0-89964500-1427930499_thumb.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Ctxdcf

I try not to cry while reading this (no homo hugs). I would try to buy from Ebay and/or classified or Corsairs Outlet 

The time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted time. 

Maybe you try to get a test bench until you get a case

Desktop 1: CPU: Intel Core i7 4770  GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 960 Ram: Crucial DDR3 2x8GB 1600 MHz  Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB and Segate 1TB Hard drive  Desktop 2: CPU: Intel Pentium G3258  GPU: AMD R7 250  Ram: Corsair Vengance DRR3 2x8GB 1600 MHz  Mobo: MSI H81M-E33  PSU: Corsair CX430M  Case: Rosewill MicroAtx Mini Tower

If they don't cost much

Desktop 1: CPU: Intel Core i7 4770  GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 960 Ram: Crucial DDR3 2x8GB 1600 MHz  Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB and Segate 1TB Hard drive  Desktop 2: CPU: Intel Pentium G3258  GPU: AMD R7 250  Ram: Corsair Vengance DRR3 2x8GB 1600 MHz  Mobo: MSI H81M-E33  PSU: Corsair CX430M  Case: Rosewill MicroAtx Mini Tower

Man I thought my 760T with scrathed up side panel was bad...

Get yourself a nice S340-

http://smile.amazon.com/dp/B00NGMIBUU/

9590|EK-Copper|Sabertooth 990FXR2.0|16GB RIPJAWS Z|Dual MSI Gaming 290|Corsiar AX1200i|Corsair 760T|3TB Seagate+Dual 120GB Samsung 850EVO in Raid 0

LTT'S Official Radeon Master Race Club Founder-Predicts TitanX2 (Prediction Date: 3-30-15)

XFX Needs To Make A 3 Fan Cooler 

You have plenty of options to actually make those current parts usable. Building a case out of Wood or Plexiglass is not unheard of, and they can even look pretty cool. I've even seen them mounted on walls. Plenty of guides on the net for doing those kind of builds, if you have the tools and are up to the task. 

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

(accidental double post)

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

Did you verify that that Z87 motherboard is updated to Haswell Refresh specifications? 

I heard some ASUS boards can update their bios without a functional CPU, is this one of them?  I have never looked into it.

Make a test bed out of extruded aluminum or wood. Both options are cheap and will work fine for a few months.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

Build it now without the h100i and run it bread boarded until you can buy a case. Have fun.

Since you won't have a power switch you can use a metal object such as a screw driver to short the two pins on the motherboard used to start the PC. I feel bad that you had those parts just lying in a closet for months... better use them before they become outdated  :P

Just don't use a case at all! Or you know, make one out of wood or aluminum liek the others suggested.

You don't need a case to build the pc, but the motherboard box on your desk put the motherboard on top of it and build the pc like that. It's not rocket surgery.

"The of and to a in is I that it for you was with on as have but be they"

Make a lego case ^~^

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

Let's not.

Why not

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

@Eugenio Martinez,

Like most of the world, computer parts prices in Mexico are significantly higher than in the US. I did find a number of online stores that stock the Corsair Carbide 400R, the lowest being ~1,750. I also found an online store offering the Nzxt S340 for a bit more. No idea about taxes and shipping. Check out the list of computer part e-tailers in Mexico at http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/358998-31-worldwide-online-computer-parts-stores.

Did you verify that that Z87 motherboard is updated to Haswell Refresh specifications? 

I heard some ASUS boards can update their bios without a functional CPU, is this one of them?  I have never looked into it.

The Z87-Pro does have the USB BIOS Flashback feature. This allows a motherboard BIOS update without a cpu or memory installed.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

Why not

Have you built one before? It sounds nice, but when the time comes to build it really is a pain and is not very durable either. It would be easier and better to make a test bench out of plastic/wood compared to one out of lego.

Have you built one before? It sounds nice, but when the time comes to build it really is a pain and is not very durable either. It would be easier and better to make a test bench out of plastic/wood compared to one out of lego.

double the bricks double the powersssssssss

It can be updated using a usb 

@Eugenio Martinez,

Like most of the world, computer parts prices in Mexico are significantly higher than in the US. I did find a number of online stores that stock the Corsair Carbide 400R, the lowest being ~1,750. I also found an online store offering the Nzxt S340 for a bit more. No idea about taxes and shipping. Check out the list of computer part e-tailers in Mexico at http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/358998-31-worldwide-online-computer-parts-stores.

The Z87-Pro does have the USB BIOS Flashback feature. This allows a motherboard BIOS update without a cpu or memory installed.

Thanks dude I'll check it out !