Tiko starts Kickstarter for $179 Unibody 3D printer

Henry

Backed it also (even yesterday).

Think barnacules will like this too.

I asked him on Twitter for his opinion on it, maybe he'll say something about it on the upcoming TechTalk.

Oh my god I will buy this near instantly if it's true.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

@SirPaul

Bro. Calm down. No one 3d prints on their neck.

Folding for LTT since April 2016.

@SirPaul

Bro. Calm down. No one 3d prints on their neck.

what? So i am doing it the whole time wrong ?

Barnacules approved of this in his and JayzTwoCents' LiveStream (TechTalk).

It's and extremely good value, he only questioned how they could make it so cheap (without even proprietary filament).

​He send a request for a sample for a review already.

Now I can finally afford a 3D printer.  :)

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

Unfortunately, this sadly is going to be one of those big kickstarter disasters...

As of today they have orders for just under 6,000 units, with a very unrealistic production schedule and poorly executed design. 

I have moderate to advanced 3D printing knowledge along with 16 years in manufacturing & design...

I was reading through the reddit thread, http://www.reddit.com/r/3Dprinting/comments/318pu4/tiko_3d_ama_we_are_tiko_3d_and_were_on/

Its a good read, don't think they understand what they are doing? 

They said that they will be using the 28BYJ-48 motor (ships with Arduino projects), possibly with a custom gearbox (hope so as it will otherwise just fail), the reason you don't want a geared stepper motor is mechanical backlash and especially in delta 3D printer, and once it starts to wear its only going to get worse, and what quality it had will be right out the window... But the best bit, these motors miss steps all over the place because they have no torque (regardless of mechanical gain from a gear box), as soon as the print head hits a blob, booger or a slight warp it will deflect the print nozzle, and miss steps or damage the fragile gear boxes, they would of already seen this and probably think it just needs tweaking...

I really hope they succeed but kickstarter and 3D printers don't have the best history... 

Lian Li PC-V359WRX Micro-ATX Case | Intel 5960X Extreme 3.00GHz | ASRock Fatal1ty X99M KILLER | Crucial 32 GB 2666 DDR4 | Thermaltake NiC C5 | EVGA Supernova 1200W P2 | 2x 240GB OCZ Radeon R7 | 2x 256 GB Samsung 840 Series Pro | 2 X 120GB Samsung 840 EVO | 6x NF-F12’s | Place Holder GPU R9 290X |

Links Current 5960X Old FX9590

i did back one, but then i realised it prints so small only 125mm wide circle...so i decided to back a different one. i think there selling so many because it looks so good