Scrapyard Wars Idea

I've had an idea for a future episode of scrapyard wars based off a recent project I completed. After watching reviews of the DX Racer chair and similar I thought why should I pay all that money for basically an imitation car racing seat on wheels. So I built a new office chair out of a car seat from a scrap yard, an old office chair from a local charity shop and various timber and bolts. All in this cost me approx. £35 (£20 for the chair, £6 for the seat base and approx. £9 for the rest) and it is the comfiest chair of it's kind I've ever used. Here is a link showing photo's of my attempt http://imgur.com/a/NWZUC

I've seen a few different ideas on how to build one on youtube and mine didn't follow any really because of the shape of the base (a factor that needs to be considered when buying the chair). The project wasn't straight forward and I had to get creative when putting it all together.

Maybe the show could follow this format (basically same as budget machine build):

Set budget and what has to be included in that budget (bolts, screws, sprecialty tools etc.)

Follow the guys round while they hunt for parts

Build log

Testing for structural integrity

Unbiased judging

Let me know what you guys think. In all fairness, this would probably suit ChannelSuperFun more.

A frankenchair? I want...

I'm a fucking AMD kawaii weeaboo desu I have seen the light

i5 6600k EVGA 980 FTW Z170A PC Mate 1TB WD Blue240GB SSD Plus NZXT S340 | EVGA 600b  | Dedotated 8GB

A frankenchair? I want...

And you can have your own for a small amount of cash, manual work, and imagination.

reminds me of this thing. The guy made an office chair out of a seat from a bmw e46 m3. I want one lol. Awesome idea for scrapyardwars!

6BAEC75A-D37A-4FE9-B0B7-474C6F83A681-201

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

reminds me of this thing. The guy made an office chair out of a seat from a bmw e46 m3. I want one lol. Awesome idea for scrapyardwars!

Looks soooo comfortable...

System: Thinkpad T460

Looks soooo comfortable...

They are, i have the same seats in my car.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

They are, i have the same seats in my car.

I'd build one using these whilst driving sitting on lawn chairs if they were originally in my car

I need to make one

Top Hat=Classy Monocle=Villain  Top Hat+Monocle=Mr Peanut 

A Scrapyard Wars where they have to stay in their chair the whole time and roll around? Haha

FANBOY OF: PowerColor, be quiet!, Transcend, G.Skill, Phanteks

FORMERLY FANBOY OF: A-Data, Corsair, Nvidia

DEVELOPING FANBOY OF: AMD (GPUS), Intel (CPUs), ASRock

Make a laptop, some other highly portable computer

Me- I feel like a secret agent man, as my wallet now has five different currencies in it

Me- It has come to my attention that it is impossible to buy liver in Mongolia because it is bad, but it is perfectly ok to buy salted sheep heads