Choosing an Internet Security Suite

Shaqo_Wyn

Hey bro's,

As the title says, I'm looking for help with deciding on a paid internet security suite

Had Norton Internet Security for the past three years and it's been great, but I'm looking to try something new.

I've narrowed it down to Bitdefender Internet Security 2015 and Kapersky Internet Security 2015.

Which one should I get and why?

They seem to both be consistent winners of the top spots in test but I'm looking to hear about hidden cons (poor customer support for example) etc.

I've read that Bitdefender's firewall is crap. True or nah?

Please spare me the common sense + Windows defender remarks, my work includes it in the benefits so why not? :)

Price is not a factor because both cost the same for me.

Thanks,

Shaqo 

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

i prefer bitdefender personally

Are you new to the forums???? read the Code of Conduct HERE WANT SOME AWESOME LTT THEMED WALLPAPERS??? check out XTanksSlayerX's wallpaper thread HERE 

"May our framerates be high, and our temperatures low" - PC MasterRace

both are excellent in my opinion

bitdefender is stronger, but actually slows the computer down due to how often it scans stuff (literally every google search will be a good 3 seconds slower)

kaspersky is pretty strong aswell, but not as active as bit defender.

Both handle actual virus removal well, as kaspersky has a scan mode in which allows nothing to occur during a scan (such as opening a browser, letting the virus due nothing before it is removed) but I have no idea if bitdefender can do this.

Current Desktop Build | 2200G | RX 580 4GB | 8GB RAM | CTRL | Logitech G Pro Wireless

Laptop | 2018 MBA 256/16GB | MX Master 

i prefer bitdefender personally

Thanks! Mind elaborating a bit please? :)

both are excellent in my opinion

bitdefender is stronger, but actually slows the computer down due to how often it scans stuff (literally every google search will be a good 3 seconds slower)

kaspersky is pretty strong aswell, but not as active as bit defender.

Both handle actual virus removal well, as kaspersky has a scan mode in which allows nothing to occur during a scan (such as opening a browser, letting the virus due nothing before it is removed) but I have no idea if bitdefender can do this.

Thanks! Okay, wow if it slows down Google searches that a problem.. I was under the impression that Bitfender was the least system tasking. Can you turn down this activeness without losing protection?

I usually had the Norton webpage app disabled too because it kept crashing and stuff.

So which one would you go with?

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie.