Recommend a game!

Vbgf

Hello guys! Today you've clicked this topic to help me decide "wtf should i play now???"

Well first off, i'll tell you some games that i've already played and liked/disliked. For starters, i recently beat Borderlands2. Quite the fun game, made me laugh from time to time and gave me Nerd chills here and there. Bioshock Infinite was good as well, thou i got motion sick from that one in the beginning, after that i didn't care a whole lot. Farcry 3 was awesome, it was my first game actually that was FPS and i loved it! Blood dragon was hilarious and well placed parody of the original FC3. Then i jumped on Dishonored, maaaaaaaaaaaaan was that game fun as hell, got the good ending with clean hands and ghost (etc never spotted and didn't kill anyone). If there was some game out there like it I'll be sure to check it out. I've heard that Assassin's creed is similar, so will you recommend it and which part cuz there are a lot out there :D. Last up before jumping into the FPS gaming i was and i still am a fan of Starcraft (Brood war and II ofc). Anything similar except Warcraft, which i also have beaten is welcomed as well. AND :D i played WoW when it was good back in the WotLK era ( i mean cmon, who hasn't ).

Well there. I'm open for new ganras and games. Help me by choosing something that i'll probably enjoy. Pricing is not an issue here not cuz i'm rich but because i'm not. Console games are still welcomed for pre ps3 and xbox360 because i can emulate them, or as Linus likes to say "Dust them off".

PS: League of Legends is NOT to be included or any other MOBA for that matter.

I really liked Sleeping Dogs.

Intel i7-870  //  MSI GTX 670 PE       ///       Intel i7-4500U  //  GT720M

I really liked Sleeping Dogs.

I'll try it out then! Any other suggestions anyone? :)

You should really check out FEZ, Hotline Miami, Super Meat Boy, Portal (both of them are some of the best games ever made if you haven't played them yet), Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind (it's an amazing RPG!) and Fallout 3 (amazing as well!).

If you want to emulate games, you should also check out Mega Man 2 and 3.

I'm looking for some more hardcore'ish games, should have mentioned that. But i'll have them in my mind :) I've never played Skyrim, should i do so? Also friends recommend Portal as well. I can max pretty much every game. Video card is HD 7770 but on 1280x1024 it can rly max shiz up :D every game i've talked about was full max 40 FPS +

Arma 3

Comes with a song.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Users cannot, and will not securely manage key material. Most users can't and the ones that can, wont.

Ask me about Bitcoin, Litecoin, Crypto-Currencies, and/or Mining them.

Crap, i forgot to add more details: The game should be Single player for use w/o net because.. meh long story, cuz i won't have internet. And i have Played Planet side 2 on the MMOFPS thingy. Now this Arma 3 isn't out yet correct?

Arma 3 is currently in Beta. You can Pre-purchase the game which gives you access to the current build, and full game when it releases in Q4 this year.

Since you don't have internet, I'd recommend Arma 2 complete collection or arma anniversary (includes arma 1 and 2) Ordering the Anniversary from Bohemia directly will get you a free physical map of the various game locations.

https://store.bistudio.com/armax-aniversary-edition

That link is for the NON steam version as you won't have internet for some reason.

Arma is the type of game you will never get bored of if you get the hang of using the editor. You can create missions to do anything you like, even create and import additional content and mods. Or grab some community created content. While it can be more fun online, the single player can be equally challenging and rewarding.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Users cannot, and will not securely manage key material. Most users can't and the ones that can, wont.

Ask me about Bitcoin, Litecoin, Crypto-Currencies, and/or Mining them.

If you are looking for a Singleplayer Experience try jumping into Mafia II (it's rather old but still looks good).

Just finished it myself and i enjoyed every second of it.

- Mainboard: Asus Maximus VI Hero - CPU: I7 4770K @ 4.3GHz - Cpu Cooler: Corsair H100i - RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 2x8GB  - HDD: Samsung 840 series Pro 256GB - GPU: GTX 780 SLI - PSU: Corsair Corsair AX1200i - Case: Corsair Obsidian 550d -

Ok, will get them. I won't have Internet because i will move my PC around the country with me and neither of the 3 locations have Internet there, heck 2 of them don't have Phone coverage.

Rising storm on steam. Nuff said.

Actually in all seriousness it is an awesome game. It brings first person ww2 games to a whole new level with their commander and squad systems. You have to work like a team to win.

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who can read binary and those who can't.

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who can read hexadecimal and F the rest.

~Fletch

Pricing is not an issue here not cuz i'm rich but because i'm not. 

LOL, that threw my brain around a little bit. hmmm.. No internet eh?... 

Someone already mention sleeping dogs, hella awesome! LOL

Couple other things, Max Payne 3? or the Batman series(Arkham Asylum, Arkham city)? 

Lastly, check out Surgeon simulator on steam, not exactly AAA game, but is insanely fun!! HAHA 

Main Gaming Rig/Folding Machine: Core i7 3770k @ 4.7GHz / H100 with Sickleflow Fans/ Corsair 600t / XFX 6950 / 16GB DDR3

Folding/Media PC: AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE/ Fractal Design Core 1000 / 4GB DDR2 

Ultrabook : Samsung NP530 Ultrabook. 

Limbo .... an amazing Indie game 

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

Ty guys, i got Portal 2, Skyrim, Sleeping dogs and Mafia 2. I think this will be enough single player gameplay for around as long as I'll be out of my home. I got Final Fantasy 7 as well. The other suggestions, I'll be sure to check them out but probably when I'm back home, but who knows i just might get em, depends on how long I'll be away. If its a month+ i'll probably get more games with me :D

Skyrim, Witcher 2, Torchlight 2, Half Life series http://www.blackmesasource.com  Total conversion of HL1 in the source engine ^_^ and its free

Super OP AF Killer Retro Emulation PC 360 No Scope 420 Blaze It (Sorry I Couldn't Help It) Seriously Though This PC Is Overkill And Before You Ask It Does Play Crysis 1024x768 60 FPS

Intel Core Duo 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz // ASUS P5N-D // Zalman CNPS9500A Air Cooler // 4GB G.Skill @ 400MHz 5 5 5 31 23 // 2 Way SLI GeForce 9800 GTX+ // 32" SONY WEGA CRT TV 480i // Corsair TX750 // Seagate 3TB // Win XP 32Bit // Sony DVD RW // ANTEC Full Tower // Steel Series H Wireless // Logitech K520 Wireless Keyboard // Logitech M510 Wireless Mouse // Logitech G27 Racing Wheel // Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS // HORI Fight Stick Mini // 8Bitdo NES30 Pro / FC30 Pro / SNES30 / SFC30 Bluetooth Controllers

Future Upgrades The New 8Bitdo Wireless SNES Controller With Analog Sticks / 8Bitdo Bluetooth Arcade Fight Stick / Proper HD I Know This Machine Does Not Support 3 TB / Icy Dock 5.25 4 Bay HD Hot Swap Bay For More Seamless Multi Booting Want To Run At Least Win 95, Win XP, Win 7 

i7 3770k @ 4.5Ghz // ASUS Maximus V Formula // CM Hyper 212 EVO // 16GB G.Skill Sniper @ 2133MHz 9 11 10 28 // Crossfire Sapphire 7970 // 42" 4K 60Hz FreeSync WasabiMango IPS // Corsair AX860 // Samsung 1TB 840EVO // Seagate 3TB // Seagate Barracuda 160GB sata II // OCZ Vertex 3 90GB sata III // Win 10 64Bit // ASUS DVD RW // 2 Corsair AF 120 // 2 Corsair SP 120 // 2 xigmatek 120 // Corsair 760t white flavor // NZXT HUE+ RGB Controller // Sennheiser G4me Zero // Steel Series H // Corsair M95 // Corsair K95 // 3 Xbox 360 Controllers // Dolphin Bar // Wii U Mote // Leap Motion Plus // Logitech G27 Racing Wheel // Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS // HORI Fight Stick Mini // 8Bitdo NES30 Pro / FC30 Pro / SNES30 / SFC30 Bluetooth Controllers

Future Upgrades 1080Ti or Vega RX64 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/16900-nothing-special/

Sleeping Dogs and Mafia II are really good.

Also maybe Spec Ops: The Line and Deus Ex: Human Revolution, both really good games.

THE signature

Dishonored. (my other recommendations were already mentioned: Portal 1/2, Mirror's Edge).

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

Dishonored. (my other recommendations were already mentioned: Portal 1/2, Mirror's Edge).

Then i jumped on Dishonored, maaaaaaaaaaaaan was that game fun as hell, got the good ending with clean hands and ghost (etc never spotted and didn't kill anyone).

I played it already, it was easily one of the most awesome games that i've got around to play.

Oh, my bad >.>

Deus Ex Human Revolution has a similar, choice-based play style.

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

Dishonored has 2 SP DLC as well - The Knife of Dunwall is out already, The Bridgemore Witches is coming later this year I believe. More Dishonored, YAY!

BioShock Infinite has DLC coming as well.

Hello guys! Today you've clicked this topic to help me decide "wtf should i play now???"

Well first off, i'll tell you some games that i've already played and liked/disliked. For starters, i recently beat Borderlands2. Quite the fun game, made me laugh from time to time and gave me Nerd chills here and there. Bioshock Infinite was good as well, thou i got motion sick from that one in the beginning, after that i didn't care a whole lot. Farcry 3 was awesome, it was my first game actually that was FPS and i loved it! Blood dragon was hilarious and well placed parody of the original FC3. Then i jumped on Dishonored, maaaaaaaaaaaaan was that game fun as hell, got the good ending with clean hands and ghost (etc never spotted and didn't kill anyone). If there was some game out there like it I'll be sure to check it out. I've heard that Assassin's creed is similar, so will you recommend it and which part cuz there are a lot out there :D. Last up before jumping into the FPS gaming i was and i still am a fan of Starcraft (Brood war and II ofc). Anything similar except Warcraft, which i also have beaten is welcomed as well. AND :D i played WoW when it was good back in the WotLK era ( i mean cmon, who hasn't ).

Well there. I'm open for new ganras and games. Help me by choosing something that i'll probably enjoy. Pricing is not an issue here not cuz i'm rich but because i'm not. Console games are still welcomed for pre ps3 and xbox360 because i can emulate them, or as Linus likes to say "Dust them off".

PS: League of Legends is NOT to be included or any other MOBA for that matter.

Assassins creed is amazing, but start at 2, number one sucked, and play the rest if you like them, ezio's story line is the best, though the series has died down now that they are character switching every game imo 

Main Rig

CPU-
AMD FX 8350 | CPU Cooler- CM hyper 212 Evo | GPU- Radeon HD 7970 | RAM- G.SKill Ripjawz X 2x4 | Storage- 1TB WD Black | 128gb Plextor Ms5 | Case- BitFenix Shinobi   | Motherboard- Gigabyte AM3+ UD3 | PSU- Rosewill hive 750 watt

Media PC

CPU- A10-5800k | GPU- Onboard | RAM- Ripjaws X 4Gb | Storage- Seagate 1TB | Case- Bitfenix Prodigy M | Motherboard- MSI A75M-E35 | PSU- Antec 350W Basiq

Skyrim

Fallout

Mass Effect (the second one is better but the first is a classic)

War Frame is alright

Bioshock Infinite is beautiful

Terraria and FTL are addictive as all hell

Kerbal Space Program is a fun one too

And if you haven't played super mario bro's deluxe for the gameboy color, well then you haven't really lived.

Butts. Booty butts.