High NB temps

Hello ppl of the internets,

Since my Watercooling loop in my Raven RV01 ive noticed my NB temps seem rather high. They easely get 70 degree's sometimes near 80.

Is this dangerously high ?

Specs of my system X6 T1100 CPU 2x HD6970 and 480 rad CPU and dual GPU cooled.

Motherboard is a Asus Croshair V Formula

Rest not realy relevant for this i gues

Thy in advance

Appelzaadje - the Insane

Intel i7-4770K - Maximus VI Formula - Corsair Dominator GT 1866mhz - R9 290X - Xonar DGX - Samsung 840 Pro 256Gb - 3X WD1001FALS - Raven RV01 - Iiyama B2409HDS 3x - Custom water loop - Windows 10 Pro - XFX tripple monitor stand - Steelseries 4HD - Logitech G9, G19, G35 and Z5500

°C or °F?

MOBO - Asus Sabertooth 990FX R2.0   CPU - AMD Phenom II X6 1055T @ 3.5GHz - Corsair H80i   RAM - 2x Corsair Vengence 4GB DDR3 @ 1666 MHz   

GPU - SAPPHIRE 100362-3L Radeon R9 290 4GB Tri-X OC  Sound - ASUS Xonar DSX  PSU - Thermaltake SMART M Series SP-850M 850W

the moment i saw high NB temps i thought, oh this is going to be a crosshair IV formula, was close enough! If these are temps in C then yeah i'd be a bit worried

Hey there. You are looking mighty fine today, have my virtual cookie!  :ph34r:

MY RIG: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/34911-my-setup-gold-ghetto-gg-lots-of-pictures/#entry446883

they are in C but why did u expect it with this board ???

And what can i do about it there isnt a realy good way for me to mount a fan that can blow on the NB

Appelzaadje - the Insane

Intel i7-4770K - Maximus VI Formula - Corsair Dominator GT 1866mhz - R9 290X - Xonar DGX - Samsung 840 Pro 256Gb - 3X WD1001FALS - Raven RV01 - Iiyama B2409HDS 3x - Custom water loop - Windows 10 Pro - XFX tripple monitor stand - Steelseries 4HD - Logitech G9, G19, G35 and Z5500

2013 03 21 20.34.14

this is a picture from the inside

Appelzaadje - the Insane

how much should i worry i dono if the temps were like this when i had air cooling but then again my GPU's were 30 degrees hotter back then under load so witch is worse XD ?

Appelzaadje - the Insane

one thing about water-cooling is that some of the support items still need ventilation

since the HSF is now missing. either pump up the case volume of air-flow or detune

the NB voltages.

airdeano

how much should i worry i dono if the temps were like this when i had air cooling but then again my GPU's were 30 degrees hotter back then under load so witch is worse XD ?

You're probably getting worse overclocking with such a hot VRM but it is getting hotter because you have no incidental airflow from a CPU fan which would normally be there.

You can try altering the fans so more air is pushed in the direction of the VRM.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

there's a fan by the cpu make sure its blowing into the case.  and if you don't care too much about looks you can make a duct out of paper and tape for force air over your vrm.

Looks are the main reason i went for a water cooling solution. I have gotten the temps down in operation to 65 now by setting the top fan to max but still unclear to wheater or not this is to high for normal operation.

I cant mount anny fans closer im afraid :<

Appelzaadje - the Insane