Windows 10 stuck at 30%

Keechy44

i have tired many many time to update from window 7 to 10 but ever time when i gets to 30% it stops. please help me 

CPU Intel Core i7-3770K CPU Cooler Arctic Cooling Freezer ? Motherboard Asus z77 sabertooth Memory HyperX Savage 16gb 2400MHz Video Card EVGA GeForce GTX 960 4gb  Case Fractal Design Define R5 Power Supply OCZ ZT Series 750w Storage Seagate Barracuda 1TB Samsung Evo 850 1TB

I want to help, but Windows 10 isn't out yet. If you're talking about the technical preview, don't bother with it; it expires on the 15th of April.

I thought my install was stuck too, but I just left it and it finished. Just let it be...

CPU: i5 4690K  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100   Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97X UD3H   Memory: G.Skill (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866   Storage: Samsung 830 Series 128GB 2.5" SSD/Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM   GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 660 Ti SC 2GB   Case: Cooler Master CM 690 II (Black) ATX Mid Tower   PSU: CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX650M 650W 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified   Optical Drive: MSI DH-24AAS-17 R DVD/CD Writer   Operating System: Windows 10 Pro (64 bit)

I want to help, but Windows 10 isn't out yet. If you're talking about the technical preview, don't bother with it; it expires on the 15th of April.

According to who? According to Microsoft it won't expire until October 1, 2015.

Scroll to bottom: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/preview-faq-system-requirements-pc

CPU: i5 4690K  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100   Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97X UD3H   Memory: G.Skill (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866   Storage: Samsung 830 Series 128GB 2.5" SSD/Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM   GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 660 Ti SC 2GB   Case: Cooler Master CM 690 II (Black) ATX Mid Tower   PSU: CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX650M 650W 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified   Optical Drive: MSI DH-24AAS-17 R DVD/CD Writer   Operating System: Windows 10 Pro (64 bit)

According to who? According to Microsoft it won't expire until October 1, 2015.

Scroll to bottom: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/preview-faq-system-requirements-pc

Sorry, I thought it was sooner than that. I remember thinking about downloading it and seeing that it would expire in April. When I made my previous post I googled it to make sure and the top results said April.

https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&es_th=1&ie=UTF-8#q=when%20does%20windows%2010%20technical%20preview%20expire&es_th=1

After doing some thorough research I have discovered that the one that expires in April is an older build of it, so I would have seen the expiry date for that build when it was new. As I had already seen that the expiry date was in April (not knowing that there was a new build with a different date), I just assumed that the google results were correct without really questioning their validity.

Why not just do a fresh install? Burn the 10041 ISO and boot from it.

Sorry, I thought it was sooner than that. I remember thinking about downloading it and seeing that it would expire in April. When I made my previous post I googled it to make sure and the top results said April.

https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&es_th=1&ie=UTF-8#q=when%20does%20windows%2010%20technical%20preview%20expire&es_th=1

After doing some thorough research I have discovered that the one that expires in April is an older build of it, so I would have seen the expiry date for that build when it was new. As I had already seen that the expiry date was in April (not knowing that there was a new build with a different date), I just assumed that the google results were correct without really questioning their validity.

This was discussed here a lot. Expiry dates are adjusted on every build. It is the build in question that expires. Not Windows 10 itself. This is nothing new and always been done on preview builds.

i have tired many many time to update from window 7 to 10 but ever time when i gets to 30% it stops. please help me

If you used a registry cleaner or had malware or had a virus at any point in time, it could explain why the upgrade process fails or gets stuck.

No worries, sorry if I came off a bit over the top on the reply. 

Btw, if Win 10 TP is installed from a USB flash drive (8 GB min.), it's much faster than an install from a DVD.