custom watercooling my first build?

Alright here. I just poped onto newegg and found a quad core i7 hyperthreaded (Effectively 8 cores) http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819116988  Runs at 3.2 Ghz, and would require a HEFTY fricking overclock just to get to 4.7 Ghz. So you would need some beefy watercooling in order to have it work, if at all. So now this one, is the fastest I found, which is 40 dollars more. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819117369 and runs at 4Ghz, still below the NORMAL clock. And is also hyperthreaded., so you would still need a watercooler in order to have it get to 4.7 ghz, and be stable (If even possible). So now we got the 8 physical core AMD chip, that might need some hearty air cooling, but is already at 4.7 ghz, and is 300 dollars. Same price granted as the original i7, but higher stock clock. Also if you wanted to watercool, (Which you would need to with the intel chips) you could effectively O.C. to 5Ghz and WAY overfly anything that the intel chips can reasonably do.

Good Day Sir. :angry:

Well that is stupid. The links ain't working. Just copy them into another tap and remove the garbage at the end.

im building a pc in a month and im thinking of going with custom watercooling, should i go with custom or aio?

(system specs: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/VJRKRB )

total build cost with custom loop: 2151.16 USD

dude go with a 4770k, it has so much better single core performance it is ridiculous

My Cheap But Good Rig: I7-3770s, Intel Motherboard (actually made by intel), 16gb DDR3, Nvidia Gtx 1070, 250gb Samsung 850 EVO SSD, 750gb HDD, Evga 500 BR power supply

cuz 8 cores at less than 1000 us dollars

o get a 5820k

My Cheap But Good Rig: I7-3770s, Intel Motherboard (actually made by intel), 16gb DDR3, Nvidia Gtx 1070, 250gb Samsung 850 EVO SSD, 750gb HDD, Evga 500 BR power supply

Oh no, not this here too. Hyperthreading is NOT essentially 2x the cores, you are wrong sir.

Even more to the point. I am sorry I meant threads.

ok you kno what i cant afford the EK stuff so ill just get tonnes of gardening hose, a small glass jar and silicon scement :P (just trying to stop the intel vs AMD war)

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

ok you kno what i cant afford the EK stuff so ill just get tonnes of gardening hose, a small glass jar and silicon scement

ok, to find an end means to this situation, best way is to get the build set,

purchased and debugged for your budget and needs. then relist your

water cooling needs/budget. it might be possible to save some cash on

the build to put in to the budget of water cooling.

ok, to find an end means to this situation, best way is to get the build set,

purchased and debugged for your budget and needs. then relist your

water cooling needs/budget. it might be possible to save some cash on

the build to put in to the budget of water cooling.

its only left to wait 4 more funding now got 45% of the money (soon the confirmation thingy will happen and then ill have more than what is needed,(read earlier in the thread for info) 

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

im building a pc in a month and im thinking of going with custom watercooling, should i go with custom or aio?

(system specs: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/VJRKRB )

total build cost with custom loop: 2151.16 USD

I think you need to reevaluate your build.....why would you build a PC costing over US$2500 and go AMD? You can creat a better build for US$2900

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

dont custom water cool your first build to expencive and there are milions of things that can go wrong

IAN :o

I don't understand your CPU choice, as you are a beginner and that's a difficult CPU to work with, but you did not state what the rig is for, so I can't really comment outside of saying if you a strictly gaming, an i5 (4 cores no hyperthreading) is more than sufficient for your needs; no need to up your heat dissipation needs and OC difficulty just for the "Because, cores" reason.

You are a beginner at this, make your life easier to start off with and build a strong, dependable computer that gives you a bit of forgiveness so you can make a couple mistakes in learning how to OC without nuking your components...

But, back to the OP since you didn't ask about hardware...

First: Building a computer can get confusing, and a wire plugged in the wrong place, or troubleshooting boot problems can be more than enough for a beginner to become overwhelmed with. Adding custom watercooling, which even some pro's find difficult to do properly, may have you pulling your hair out since you have 2 processes you have never dealt with that could go wrong

Second: Why do you want a watercooled comp? Are you going to be doing alot of overclocking? Or do you just want it for looks?

Third: COST: A CUSTOM LOOP WILL COST MINIMUM $800 (ref.Jayz2Cents)

You can get some better components instead of all of your water cooling components. A custom loop, after all your rad's, fittings, cooling blocks, pumps, fans, etc... Will be really hard to keep under $800!!!!!

For that much money you can probably up your GPU's or CPU choice to one that will stock clock higher than you'd be able to OC on water anyways...

FOURTH: Once you go custom loop, any hardware change becomes more expensive and difficult... While your GPU choices aren't bad, they are already a series behind (I'm speaking in terms of comparisons to NVidia between 770 and 780; not up on the AMD stuff) and if you are going to upgrade them, you are looking at an extra $300 at least for new waterblocks plus all the time it's going to take to plumb them back into your loop...

In Summary:

Get an AIO cooler if you are planning on a strong OC and really want to go with water. You are going to drive yourself mad trying to learn how to watercool and learn how to build a PC properly at the same time, so save yourself the time AND MONEY and do it right the first time. You can always add water later :/

Hope this helps

Current System Specs:

MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Ultra Gaming     CPU: Intel i5 9600k      GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 ti FTW Ultra Silent    PSU: EVGA 750 G2 80+ gold

Ram:  16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4-3200    Storage: 500 GB Samsung 970 EVO/ 4TB WD Blue Case: Corsair 275R-White

if you read earlier post you will see that i am gettin proffessional help with building yhe pc.

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

This is going to be opinion, but I would say no for this particular build.
Spend your budget for custom loop into upgrading CPU and GPU....

Not trying to be a fanboy, just letting you know dual 970s mostly outrun dual 290s.  I see two monitors, so if vram 3.5gb of the 970 is an issue, go with 2 980s... that's gonna be about $250 extra for each card in total of $500~$600 which could be total budget for a normal custom loop.

Or else, get something like a 4790k... something can be handled by a mid-size tower cooler.

If you want to do customer loop just for the fun of it, sure,
If you are still thinking a bit of practical gain from watercooling, I think you may want to raise your budget a little bit more.