Putting a Blue Yeti on a suspension mount?

VintageCake

Ok guys, so i just ordered this shitty suspension pole thing. I assume i'll need some type of shock mount to make it fit, or will the screw on the end of the pole actually be able to fit the threading on the blue yeti?

I'm thinking i'll probably need a shock mount, because honestly it looks too small to be able to fit that big of a microphone.

How do i make the thingy fit with the other thingy? I'm also poor as dirt because i just bought the yeti without thinking about accessories, so if a shock mount is required i need to find the cheapest one. Will this glorified piece of PVC fit around the microphone? Will it fit onto the pole thingy?  :wacko: 
Thanks, 

Actually, I have think i have the same pole and you don't need a shock mount. You can screw the rubber on the end off and screw the yeti on. It holds it just fine.

The only shock mount that fits the Yeti is the very expensive one from Blue. I don't think you'll need a shock mount, however. Just buy an adapter if the mic doesn't fit the boom. I'm unsure which size(s) you'll need, so here's two examples: 3/8 " to 5/8"  or 5/8" to 3/8"

-snip-

-snip-

Thank you for the quick responses! I really appreciate it. Do you think i should just go for a simple pop filter instead then?

Thank you for the quick responses! I really appreciate it. Do you think i should just go for a simple pop filter instead then?

If you intend to speak directly at the mic, then yes. Unnecessary if you simply put it off to one side, which is how I imagine most people using it outside of serious recordings.