[DREAM PC] What do you think?

Graph1cs

I've been following this guy's build for a while. It's pretty awesome! Honestly he could've made it look a lot better, but performance wise I don't think it gets much better than that.

Setup Video -----------Peasant Crushing Specs----------- 4K Benchmarks

-CPU- i7 3930k @4.8GHz 1.4v -Mobo- Asus Rampage IV Extreme -GPUs- 2x GTX Titan Hydrocopper SLI -RAM- 32GB (8x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz -Storage- 500GB Samsung 840 SSD | 2TB WD Green HDD

-Monitors- 3x BenQ XL2420T | 1x Dell U2713HM -Mouse- Steelseries Rival -Keyboard- Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown -Headphones- Audio Techinca ATH-M50 -Microphone- RØDE NT1-A

Crazy..... YET AWESOME

RAWR signature became a bunch of HTML codes

Can someone explain what he was doing with the little grey tabs on the PCI of the GPU?

OS - Windows 8.1 Motherboard - ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0 Processor - AMD FX 8350 Black Edition RAM - 16GB 2x8 Crucial Ballistix Sport Graphics Card - Gigabyte Windforce 2 OC GTX 660 Power Supply - Corsair CX750M CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X60 Wireless Adapter - ASUS PCE-N15 PCI-E Adapter Fans - x3 Masscool blue LED 120mm Fans Case - Fractal Design Define R4

Monitor - Dell S2230MX 21.5-inch Keyboard - Logitech G105 Mouse - Logitech G602 Speakers - Logitech Z130 Headsets/Headphones - Tt eSports Shock, AKG K240, California Headphones Laredo Phone - iPhone 4S

Specs, good

Aesthetics, A nightmare,

these are my problems with it.

Why did he Pay so much for dominator platinum's, and just take the heat spreader off? Like there is nothing special about that ram other than looks. he could have gotten any ram and done that.

4 way SLI. I cant think of a single reason why anyone would do this, its not worth it, I would go as far as saying, 3 way almost isnt worth it. you hardly get any performance for the money.

everything else is aesthetic that i hate.

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

He just want to show others that he is rich, but really he is stupid.

Can someone explain what he was doing with the little grey tabs on the PCI of the GPU?

Cooling.

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

Specs, good

Aesthetics, A nightmare,

Why did he Pay so much for dominator platinum's, and just take the heat spreader off? Like there is nothing special about that ram other than looks. he could have gotten any ram and done that.

4 way SLI. I cant think of a single reason why anyone would do this, its not worth it, I would go as far as saying, 3 way almost isnt worth it. you hardly get any performance for the money.

Dominator Platinums for guaranteed overclocking capabilities (even further than the dominator pros).

And the 4 way SLI would result in EXTREMELY smooth gameplay regardless of the fps due to the amount of frame buffering capabiltiies (still kind of stupid) plus this pc will probably last a very, very long time.

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

IINM,he put this pc for sale somewhere on the internet.I think it's ebay..And he actually added me to his friends list on youtube when I don't even know him.LOL..And that's how I found this video.

looks like Pat Sharpe's funhouse 

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 | Cooler: Stock | RAM: 16GB Hyper Fury X RGB | GPU: RTX 2080 Super FTW3 | Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus Elite| PSU: Corsair RM850x
Storage: WD SN750 500GB / 850 500GB Samsung Evo /  | CASE: 570X | Display: Dell u2414h  | KEYBOARD: Corsair K70 | MOUSE: Corsair M65

All that money spent that will become useless here in about 3 years. 

Nice rig though. Wish I was that rich :/

That looks nice but if that was my rig I wouldn't leave it looking like that, there is no colour scheme to it and its all just weird looking, also that thermal paste spreading made me lol

Asus M5A99X Evo  - AMD FX-8350 - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz - Corsair 120mm Quiet Edition Fans BenQ XL2411Z- EVGA GTX 980 Superclocked Fractal Design Define R4 - Corsair H100i - 2 TB 7200rpm HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 120GB - Corsair RM750w PSU - Logitech G502 Proteus Core - Corsair K70 RGB MX Red - Audio Technica M50x + Modmic 4.0 - LG 23EA63V x2

Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat

there thermal pads kinda like thermal grease but used to add som extra higth to the ram chips so they make contact with the after market cooling solution. there not as effecient as paste but dont need to be

is it just me or does anyone else wonder how a guy with that much money and obviously done some research to still not know how to apply thermal paste

mrthuvi, on 08 Jul 2013 - 1:40 PM, said:

what will happen when 1 titan dies?

Graph1cs, on 08 Jul 2013 - 2:48 PM, said:

3 will live.

to give you a better answer. If it running it will crash but will still be able to boot just only with 3.

If you like it, take it. I do not see why not.

WHY!!!

Specs, good

Aesthetics, A nightmare,

I think that if your spending this much you don't care about how little more performance you get.

System Specs - CPU: i7 4770K - RAM: 8GB(2x4GB) Vengeance Pro - Motherboard: Maximus VI Gene - Case: Modded PowerMac G5 - CPU Cooler: H100i - PSU: AX860i - SSD: Samsung 840 Series 120GB and Kingston V300 120GB - HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - Graphics Card: 2x GTX 780 - Case Fans: SP120s and Spectre 140s - Headphones: HD700, Alpha Dog, SE215

Sony A7R w/ Zeiss 55mm F1.8

Specs, good

Aesthetics, A nightmare,

I agree with everything you say here.

But if you have the money to blow, then why not put use four graphics cards? If your on somewhat kind of a budget, then yes, 2 would be the most any reasonable person would go. But, lets just say you have 'infinite' money. You might as well just use 4 graphics cards. You can't call your PC "Ultimate" unless you have four of the best graphics cards. 

I will probably never have four graphics cards in my PC simply because I don't have much money to waste. Unless I hit the lottery or somehow I get a lot of money. I'll always use one or two cards. 

it looks good but man dat thermal paste spreading/usage

why ? I do it actually helps since your spreading the entire paste on the die making sure  the contact area is completely covered, my haswell based desktop runs on ideal at about 30-35 degrees celsius.

if you look at most aftermarket cpu coolers you would notice the entire contact area is covered.

Desktop:ryzen 5 3600 | MSI b45m bazooka | EVGA 650w Icoolermaster masterbox nr400 |16 gb ddr4  corsiar lpx| Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1070ti |500GB SSD+2TB SSHD, 2tb seagate barracuda [OS/games/mass storage] | HpZR240w 1440p led logitech g502 proteus spectrum| Coolermaster quick fire pro cherry mx  brown |

why ? I do it actually helps since your spreading the entire paste on the die making sure  the contact area is completely covered, my haswell based desktop runs on ideal at about 30-35 degrees celsius.

if you look at most aftermarket cpu coolers you would notice the entire contact area is covered.

Yes in the aftermarket cooler its put on perfectly  smooth, leaving no room for airbubles, when you manual spread it, itll be good and all but not as good as just putting a pea size on the middle and then letting the pressure of the mounting system do the rest, my haswell at 4.2ghz idles at 28C in a 26C room ambient temp ( with a corsair H80)

Hey there. You are looking mighty fine today, have my virtual cookie!  :ph34r:

MY RIG: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/34911-my-setup-gold-ghetto-gg-lots-of-pictures/#entry446883