Official MSI GTX 780 Lightning Thread (Pictures/Released Info)

AustinTheIntern

Wish I could get one...esp. since Im an intern at MSI atm.

My Best 2013 Bitfenix Prodigy Build  Case: Bitfenix Prodigy White | Motherboard: ASRock Z77E-ITX | CPU: Intel i7 3770k | CPU Cooler: H100i | GPU: GTX 690

Fan Controller: Bitfenix Recon | Ram: Patriot IEM 16GB @ 1600mhz | Primary Storage: 2 x Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | Backup Drives: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 2TB | PSU: Seasonic X850

Good luck to u sir ! I've been trying to purchase mpower ram from their website for more than a month without success.. It's like they don't want to be in business...

my ass..

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Description=mpower&Submit=ENE

scroll down

My Best 2013 Bitfenix Prodigy Build  Case: Bitfenix Prodigy White | Motherboard: ASRock Z77E-ITX | CPU: Intel i7 3770k | CPU Cooler: H100i | GPU: GTX 690

Fan Controller: Bitfenix Recon | Ram: Patriot IEM 16GB @ 1600mhz | Primary Storage: 2 x Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | Backup Drives: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 2TB | PSU: Seasonic X850

Wish I could get one...esp. since Im an intern at MSI atm.

It would be a down grade from your 690...

CPU: AMD 3950x Mobo: MSI B550 RAM: 32GB DDR4 GPU: Asus 3080 Strix PSU: Superflower Leadex 3 720w Case: BeQuiet 500DX

Storage: 2TB SSD + 4TB HDD Audio: SMSL 793ii -> HiFiman HE-400 + Mission MS-50 Speakers

TinyTomLogan running Overclock3d.net had a GTX780 Lightning sitting in the background at his first livestream. Of course he could not say that it is a GTX780 Lightning, but if you read between the lines and look closely you could see what that green MSI box with the jet on it was...

BTW: TTL is with Linus my favourite youtuber, because he goes into DEEEEPTH and is really unbiased. He reviewed the Maximus VI Extreme and gave it a Bronze Award, because the bios was crap. First Asus said TTL did things wrong, but later Asus appologized and sent him a secon cherry-picked perfectly working board with fixed bios. And as he already reviewed it he just put it in his queue of products to be revieved and stays unimpressed with Asus appeasement tactics. 

The downside to some of you, he is british. But at least I like the british dialect...

are you sure? do you have a link? i bet it was a 770 lightning...

RIG:|Corsair Obsidion 650d|MSI Mpower Z87| i7-4770k (4Ghz)|Corsair H100 cooler|16Gb corsair dominator platinum 1866Mhz|  EVGA GTX 780 classified (runs at 1240Mhz)| 1200W pc power and cooling silencer mkIII PSU|recon sound blaster champion series| 1Tb WD black| 256Gb Samsung 840 pro| Monitors:| Samsung px2370| ASUS VG248QE| X-star 27" 2560x1440 korean monitor (runs at 100Hz)| other stuff:| Razer black widow ultimate| Razer mamba 2013 edition| Razer Vespula mousepad| Klipsch X10i| Ultrasone Pro750| Harmon/Kardon sound sticks 2| 

I am not buying until after Wacken anyway, so I will just wait. Maybe I'll buy the card the moment it is launched and run it in my old rig for a couple of weeks.

Where's the Red MPower ram ? Not there. Plus getting to delivered to Australia from newegg needs a proxy mailing address isn't impossible but is a hassle. The custom option on the Avexir site has been disabled today... /grrr.

There are no options for Australians .. No retailers in this region at all. You cannot even purchase directly on their site.. No matter where u are from.

I found someone on eBay in Italy selling some.. Kinda cautious about it tho.

GamingPC: Intel 4770k CPU, 2xMSI 780 GTX Twin Frozr, 16 GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, Swiftech H220 CPU Cooler.

Cookie Cutter Build log

Where's the Red MPower ram ? Not there. Plus getting to delivered to Australia from newegg needs a proxy mailing address isn't impossible but is a hassle. The custom option on the Avexir site has been disabled today... /grrr.

There are no options for Australians .. No retailers in this region at all. You cannot even purchase directly on their site.. No matter where u are from.

I found someone on eBay in Italy selling some.. Kinda cautious about it tho.

I'd happily send it to you if you paid me + shipping fee. I'm not joking either. 

It would be a down grade from your 690...

I meant to review, or possible make a video about it. 

Photo released 12 hours ago. 

Photo released 12 hours ago. 

There's nothing....

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

There's nothing....

Go to the first post :)

OK I'm going to say it first.

What I truly want from this card is this:

• Sleeker GPU Reactor ( To keep the card at a 2 Slot size)
  • Larger and more efficient fans which are quieter, faster, and able to put out air much easier.
  • Pure Copper heat pipes and copper heat fins
  • Easier and more stable overclocks 
  • sleek design and no overdoses on colors

What do you guys want? What clocks do you expect to come from this card?

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

I am expecting it to have a black and yellow colour scheme with no or very few other colours involved. (No copper, black instead of blue reactor, hopefully even black radiator fins)

Hopefully it will perfectly match the MPower Max mainboard I am planning to buy.

2 slot size doesn't matter to me. In fact, because I will go for a single card rig it will be cool if the card is massive. Imho, SLI should always involve liquid cooling anyway.

Quiet fans would be nice to have in idle state. Gaming load fan noise will be cancelled by my headphones anyway.

OK I'm going to say it first.

What I truly want from this card is this:

• Sleeker GPU Reactor ( To keep the card at a 2 Slot size)
  • Larger and more efficient fans which are quieter, faster, and able to put out air much easier.
  • Pure Copper heat pipes and copper heat fins
  • Easier and more stable overclocks 
  • sleek design and no overdoses on colors

What do you guys want? What clocks do you expect to come from this card?

The GPU reactor does nothing unless you are doing LN2 overclocking, I remember that some website did a test to see if it made a difference and there was no change in overclocking. You can just take it off if it is still that huge blue thing. 

And the heatpipes are already copper, they are just coated in nickle(?) to prevent corrosion. 

CPU: AMD 3950x Mobo: MSI B550 RAM: 32GB DDR4 GPU: Asus 3080 Strix PSU: Superflower Leadex 3 720w Case: BeQuiet 500DX

Storage: 2TB SSD + 4TB HDD Audio: SMSL 793ii -> HiFiman HE-400 + Mission MS-50 Speakers

The GPU reactor does nothing unless you are doing LN2 overclocking, I remember that some website did a test to see if it made a difference and there was no change in overclocking. You can just take it off if it is still that huge blue thing.

And the heatpipes are already copper, they are just coated in nickle(?) to prevent corrosion.

I still like the blue leds

I still like the blue leds

I don't think it goes well with the rest of the GPU. Blue and yellow don't look that good to me. 

I don't think it goes well with the rest of the GPU. Blue and yellow don't look that good to me.

True. I wish they could do a blue cooler like they did before..

True. I wish they could do a blue cooler like they did before..

I think all the Lightning cards are yellow. Gaming are red,and the Power Edition cards are blue, which is one reason I got the 660Ti Power edition.

I think all the Lightning cards are yellow. Gaming are red,and the Power Edition cards are blue, which is one reason I got the 660Ti Power edition.

What happened to the power edition? And the Lightning Max from 580 was blue

What happened to the power edition? And the Lightning Max from 580 was blue

Really i didn't know that!

And they have not released any power edition GPUs this gen. Maybe the gaming GPUs are a replacement for power edition? 

Really i didn't know that!

And they have not released any power edition GPUs this gen. Maybe the gaming GPUs are a replacement for power edition?

I hope not. The PEs were good looking!

• 4 weeks later...

I got the money for the main build without watercooling. As soon as the 780 Lightning is out I'll make serious plans.

This thing is rly cute I'd love to have one :).  Oh and it's super awesomely amazing too!!
<3

Steph

My PC: CPU: I7-2600K CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Evo, Mother Board: MSI Z77 Mpower, Ram: 4x4GB DDR3 1600MHz CL9 Corsair Vengeance (Black), Case: HAF 932, PSU: CM GX 650 (Upgrading to RM750 soon), SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 120GB SSD, HD:  750GB Seagate 7200 RPM, Optical: Samsung Blu-ray burner, GPU: MSI GTX 560 TI Twin Frozr (Upgrading to an HD R9-290X on launch)

• 2 weeks later...