Good 144Hz 1ms 27" monitor

DaKi_B

I am looking for  monitor with a 144Hz refresh rate that has a 1ms response time and is 27" preferably 1080p since I can't run 1440p games yet and it would be a waste until i get a new gfx ( which I will soonish :P)

Edit: I forgot to mention I need G-Sync as well.

I am looking for  monitor with a 144Hz refresh rate that has a 1ms response time and is 27" preferably 1080p since I can't run 1440p games yet and it would be a waste until i get a new gfx ( which I will soonish :P)

AOC G2770PQU 

BenQ Gaming XL2720Z 

AOC G2770PQU 

BenQ Gaming XL2720Z 

I like the BenQ one but I forgot to mention in the post that I need G-Sync as well. I edited the post now.

Acer XB270H

You know that guy that games on a MacBook? I'm that guy.

IMO 1080p at 27" is somewhat lacking in pixel density. The sweetspot for 1080p would be 24" If I were you I'd just buy a 24" one

|CPU: Intel i7-5960X @ 4.4ghz|MoBo: Asus Rampage V|RAM: 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum|GPU:2-way SLI Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980's|SSD:512GB Samsung 850 pro|HDD: 2TB WD Black|PSU: Corsair AX1200i|COOLING: NZXT Kraken x61|SOUNDCARD: Creative SBX ZxR|  ^_^  Planned Bedroom Build: Red Phantom [quadro is stuck in customs, still trying to find a cheaper way to buy a highend xeon]

IMO 1080p at 27" is somewhat lacking in pixel density. The sweetspot for 1080p would be 24" If I were you I'd just buy a 24" one

Yea I know the pixel density sweet spot for 27" is 1440p but I dont think I should buy a 1440p (that monitor would be the Asus PG278Q) monitor if I cant run games at 1440p at 144 FPS. And it would just sit there being used at lower res until I get a new GPU ( which would probably be in like at least 2-3 months)

Yea I know the pixel density sweet spot for 27" is 1440p but I dont think I should buy a 1440p (that monitor would be the Asus PG278Q) monitor if I cant run games at 1440p at 144 FPS. And it would just sit there being used at lower res until I get a new GPU ( which would probably be in like at least 2-3 months)

are you using it just for games?

|CPU: Intel i7-5960X @ 4.4ghz|MoBo: Asus Rampage V|RAM: 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum|GPU:2-way SLI Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980's|SSD:512GB Samsung 850 pro|HDD: 2TB WD Black|PSU: Corsair AX1200i|COOLING: NZXT Kraken x61|SOUNDCARD: Creative SBX ZxR|  ^_^  Planned Bedroom Build: Red Phantom [quadro is stuck in customs, still trying to find a cheaper way to buy a highend xeon]

So, you will change your monitor again when you get the new gpu?

ROG Swift. I have one and think its awesome.

CPU - i7 8700K / Motherboard - ROG Strix Z370 E/ RAM - 32GB Cosair Vengeance DDR / GPU  - GTX 1080ti - EVGA FTW3 / PSU - Seasonic Snow Silent 750W / Cooling - Cryorig H7 Monitor - Acer X34 Predator / Sound - Corsair Void - Case - Meshify C

are you using it just for games?

I would use it just for games, I have another tv/monitor for movies consoles etc.

So, you will change your monitor again when you get the new gpu?

That's the thing that's making it hard for me to choose. I prob wouldn't buy a new one in a while but if I buy a good one now it would not be used to it's full potential until I get a jew GPU. Thats why I said maybe 1440p if it would be better to buy it now and then when I get a new GPU I could use it to it's full potential. It's so hard to choose.

ROG Swift. I have one and think its awesome.

That's the 1440p I had in mind. If I do end up getting a 1440p that would be it.

That's the thing that's making it hard for me to choose. I prob wouldn't buy a new one in a while but if I buy a good one now it would not be used to it's full potential until I get a jew GPU. Thats why I said maybe 1440p if it would be better to buy it now and then when I get a new GPU I could use it to it's full potential. It's so hard to choose.

This is a known thing for everyone who`s been doing this a while. You ALWAYS by the monitor first, and the best one you can get. Because thats the most important part and you will keep it much longer than any other piece. And you pick the rest of the pc parts afterwards.

IF you are the kind of guy who can afford the ROG swift, dont buy it. Buy the acer xb270hu instead. Its the same specs, same price, except its IPS instead of a disgusting TN, therefore night and day difference in panel quality.

This is a known thing for everyone who`s been doing this a while. You ALWAYS by the monitor first, and the best one you can get. Because thats the most important part and you will keep it much longer than any other piece. And you pick the rest of the pc parts afterwards.

IF you are the kind of guy who can afford the ROG swift, dont buy it. Buy the acer xb270hu instead. Its the same specs, same price, except its IPS instead of a disgusting TN, therefore night and day difference in panel quality.

I was going to get the ROG swift.The xb270hu has a 4ms reponse time and ive never understood the difference between panels, if you would explain it to me that would help me a lot. And there is 1 last problem with the xb270hu I can't find it where I live, Serbia, it doesn't seem to br available here and if I order it I would have to pay waaaaaaaayyyy to much for customs so that is out of the question.

I was going to get the ROG swift.The xb270hu has a 4ms reponse time and ive never understood the difference between panels, if you would explain it to me that would help me a lot. And there is 1 last problem with the xb270hu I can't find it where I live, Serbia, it doesn't seem to br available here and if I order it I would have to pay waaaaaaaayyyy to much for customs so that is out of the question.

You can safely ignore the response time, it means precisely dick. Just like contrast ratio nowadays. What you need to know that the xb270hu is the first FAST ips, fast enough pixel response time to use ULMB, which is a big deal. And it ghosts just as much as the rog swift, it basically has the same PIXEL RESPONSE TIMES. Thats what it means... those "ms" have to do with ghosting, NOT the responsiveness of the monitor.

What you care about is INPUT LAG. Which is never advertised. But this review reveals that the xb270hu has lower lag than the rog swift even and has the SAME amount of ghosting.

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/acer_xb270hu.htm

It is only better than the rog swift. You will enjoy yourself with the 144hz ips WAY more than with the 144hz TN panel. TN is kinda semi-torture for your neck thx to the constant contrast shifts and shit.

Dont order through customs obviously, just wait a few weeks... it should definitely appear in local e-tailers by then.

You can safely ignore the response time, it means precisely dick. Just like contrast ratio nowadays. What you need to know that the xb270hu is the first FAST ips, fast enough pixel response time to use ULMB, which is a big deal. And it ghosts just as much as the rog swift, it basically has the same PIXEL RESPONSE TIMES. Thats what it means... those "ms" have to do with ghosting, NOT the responsiveness of the monitor.

What you care about is INPUT LAG. Which is never advertised. But this review reveals that the xb270hu has lower lag than the rog swift even and has the SAME amount of ghosting.

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/acer_xb270hu.htm

It is only better than the rog swift. You will enjoy yourself with the 144hz ips WAY more than with the 144hz TN panel. TN is kinda semi-torture for your neck thx to the constant contrast shifts and shit.

Dont order through customs obviously, just wait a few weeks... it should definitely appear in local e-tailers by then.

Oh so it's a new monitor? The only one here is the older model, the 1080p one. I guess I will wait then, I've suffered for 3years with a 60Hz tv/monitor I can wait a couple more weeks.

Oh so it's a new monitor? The only one here is the older model, the 1080p one. I guess I will wait then, I've suffered for 3years with a 60Hz tv/monitor I can wait a couple more weeks.

IPS with tn response times and 144hz is a thing now.... there are three monitors with this new fast IPS panel known for this year:

800$ Acer XB270HU (GSYNC, 27", 144Hz, 1440p, IPS)

1000$ Acer XR341CK (GSYNC, 34" Ultrawide, 144Hz, 3440x1440, IPS)

600$ ASUS MG279Q (Adaptive Sync -unbranded FreeSync-, 27", 120Hz, 1440p, IPS)

First one is already preorderable and costs as much as the rog swift, and is better.

The other two should be out by summer.

If you go with one of these new 144hz IPS`s after 3 years of your 60hz TV, it will blow your mind out of your head.

IPS with tn response times and 144hz is a thing now.... there are three monitors with this new fast IPS panel known for this year:

800$ Acer XB270HU (GSYNC, 27", 144Hz, 1440p, IPS)

1000$ Acer XR341CK (GSYNC, 34" Ultrawide, 144Hz, 3440x1440, IPS)

600$ ASUS MG279Q (Adaptive Sync -unbranded FreeSync-, 27", 120Hz, 1440p, IPS)

First one is already preorderable and costs as much as the rog swift, and is better.

The other two should be out by summer.

If you go with one of these new 144hz IPS`s after 3 years of your 60hz TV, it will blow your mind out of your head.

Now I'm excited :D I can't wait for my mind to be blown.  I just hope that when it does come to retail here it's not too much over the actual price since the swift is $830-$900 here but in America it's $779.