More 5.25" bays?

boat

I'm soon going to be expelling my DVD drive from my PC case for a fan controller to take its place, but I'd still like to keep that internal DVD drive in use.

I'm just having difficulty finding an external enclosure that doesn't have a USB interface. Reason is because I want to take advantage of the unused SATA connectors on my motherboard, and my case design that allow for easy wiring out the back.

So far, I can only find 5.25" SATA-USB enclosures. Preferably, I'm aiming for one that can hold up to three 5.25" devices (my currently existing DVD-RW, a prospective future BD drive, and one for the SD## card reader. (I'd go for four if I could find that 5.25" toaster device purchasable)

Can anyone please let me know if such a purchasable contraption exists?

I'm soon going to be expelling my DVD drive from my PC case for a fan controller to take its place, but I'd still like to keep that internal DVD drive in use.

I'm just having difficulty finding an external enclosure that doesn't have a USB interface. Reason is because I want to take advantage of the unused SATA connectors on my motherboard, and my case design that allow for easy wiring out the back.

So far, I can only find 5.25" SATA-USB enclosures. Preferably, I'm aiming for one that can hold up to three 5.25" devices (my currently existing DVD-RW, a prospective future BD drive, and one for the SD## card reader. (I'd go for four if I could find that 5.25" toaster device purchasable)

Can anyone please let me know if such a purchasable contraption exists?

It sounds to me like all you need is a multi bay plain 5.25" enclosure, and then you can just route the normal SATA and power cables through your case. Am I mistaken? 

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

Yep, that's what I'm looking for.

And I can't seem to find one online anywhere...