Best free hypervisor?

I am looking for a hypervisor (bare-metal or hosted) to run on one physical server.

What I would like:

• Remote management
  • Web-based management
  • ZFS support
  • OpenVZ and KVM support (unless there are better options)

I have looked at oVirt but I would need to have a management engine server on top of a virtualization node. I had a look at vSphere 6 but I think the free version is pretty limited. Proxmox looks good but is subscription based. XenServer looks alright but I'm not sure what direction they are going in since they have become free.

Any suggestions would be appreciated

If hosted is fine and you have Windows 8 Pro or any edition of Windows Server, I suggest Hyper-V.

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

If hosted is fine and you have Windows 8 Pro or any edition of Windows Server, I suggest Hyper-V.

No ZFS support though :\

I am looking for a hypervisor (bare-metal or hosted) to run on one physical server.

What I would like:

• Remote management
  • Web-based management
  • ZFS support
  • OpenVZ and KVM support (unless there are better options)

I have looked at oVirt but I would need to have a management engine server on top of a virtualization node. I had a look at vSphere 6 but I think the free version is pretty limited. Proxmox looks good but is subscription based. XenServer looks alright but I'm not sure what direction they are going in since they have become free.

Any suggestions would be appreciated

Proxmox is free to use and you dont need a subscription to use it either.  The subscription is just for support.

And i quote from their website

"

Proxmox Virtual Environment's source code is published under the free software license GNU AGPL, v3 and thus is freely available via code repository (git) for download, use and share.

"

Once installed it will just poke you each time to get you to buy a subscription but it doesnt stop you from using it, subscripiton is an extra and doesnt change its features.

Proxmox is free to use and you dont need a subscription to use it either.  The subscription is just for support.

And i quote from their website

"

Proxmox Virtual Environment's source code is published under the free software license GNU AGPL, v3 and thus is freely available via code repository (git) for download, use and share.

"

Once installed it will just poke you each time to get you to buy a subscription but it doesnt stop you from using it, subscripiton is an extra and doesnt change its features.

Thanks, I obviously didn't look at it hard enough.