Good Laptop with RGB Keyboard

Shadskular

Hello Forum!

My friend and I are searching for a laptop. The main feature that we want is an RGB keyboard. We are not as concerned with the processor as much, but we don't want the weight to be over 2 kg, max 2.5. We also have a pretty tight budget, with it being at around 800-850 USD. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Shadskular

MSI GS60 Ghost Pro

MSI GT80 Titan

Main PC: 4690k, LMG Edition G1 Gaming GTX 980, 16GB Hyper X Fury, Asus Z97-A, EVGA G2 850W, Crucial MX100 128GB, WD Red 1TB 2.5", Dark Rock 3

Laptop: Asus UX305 Monitor: Asus PB278Q Keyboard: Filco Majestouch 2 TKL Mouse: Corsair M65

Nothing cheap exists

Main PC: 4690k, LMG Edition G1 Gaming GTX 980, 16GB Hyper X Fury, Asus Z97-A, EVGA G2 850W, Crucial MX100 128GB, WD Red 1TB 2.5", Dark Rock 3

Laptop: Asus UX305 Monitor: Asus PB278Q Keyboard: Filco Majestouch 2 TKL Mouse: Corsair M65

@CameronDSetty, I am mostly doing this for my friend, who already has a powerful rig at home. I have seen some laptops that have this, but they are all out of our price range. I was hoping to find someone who has maybe seen something like what we need.

Hello Forum!

My friend and I are searching for a laptop. The main feature that we want is an RGB keyboard. We are not as concerned with the processor as much, but we don't want the weight to be over 2 kg, max 2.5. We also have a pretty tight budget, with it being at around 800-850 USD. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Shadskular

RGB in that price range is kinda hard to find but check out the Lenovo y40/50 which have a red backlight keyboard.

MSI ge70 or ge60 but it's over budget

@CameronDSetty, I am mostly doing this for my friend, who already has a powerful rig at home. I have seen some laptops that have this, but they are all out of our price range. I was hoping to find someone who has maybe seen something like what we need.

Ah okay. Ill post if I see anything around.

In that price range, a manufacturer would prioritise internals and performance per dollar rather than add bells and whistles like RGB keyboards. The cheapest ones are MSI GE series of laptops. You could find a used one of those if you really need RGB in that price range.

Desktop: Intel Core i7-5820K, Corsair H115i, Asus X99-Deluxe/USB 3.1, G.Skill Ripjaws4 32GB 2800MHz CL16, Zotac RTX 3070, Samsung 950 Pro 512GB in Angelbird Wings PX1, Samsung 850 EVO 1TB, 5*Seagate 12TB, Cooler Master V1200, Phanteks Enthoo Luxe, Windows 10 Pro. Phillips 328P6VUBREB, Corsair Vengeance K95 RGB Cherry MX Brown, Logitech G502 X Plus, Sennheiser HD700.

AYANEO 2S: AMD 7800U, 32GB 7500MHz, 2TB WD SN850X. Windows 11.

Thanks to you all! I will definitely take a look into all of your suggestions.

Thanks,

Shadskular

For around that price, the only thing I can think of would be a base model Alienware 13... won't give you amazing performance though. I don't think you can expect much at that price-point anyway (for gaming laptops at least). Good luck with your search!

• 2 years later...

for anyone looking in 2k17 theres the razer stealth at 800. or any other razer for more $$$