Do I need isopropyl alcohol for thermal paste removal?

The Dragon

Do I need it cause I've removed thermal paste before pretty clean without it. 

CPU: some amd thing Motherboard: its black RAM: its memory thats for sure GPU: r7 260x Case: corsair spec 01 Storage: 1tb of it PSU: 430w, so many watts

Display: its asus Cooling: fans Keyboard: logitech g710+ #browns4lyfe Mouse: its a logitech Sound: its what you hear Operating System: winders  

not necessarily but it is recommended

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

it's not needed, no, but it can help to clean all of the meterial off.

My arsenal: i7-9700k Gaming Rig, an iPhone, and Stupidity.

It's not needed, but it's preferred if possible.

not really, as you already discovered. But it will help remove some of the stubborn oils. 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

It's really good for the job but you don't need 99%. Even if you have 70% it's better than none. However you should easily be able to find 93% if you live near a pharmacy store. For 2 or 3 dollars. Dirt cheap

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q

Isopropyl alcohol is amazing just use it.

It has magic too. 

|EVGA 850 P2| |1440p PG279Q| |X570 Aorus Extreme| |Ryzen 9 3950x WC| |FE 2080Ti WC|TridentZ Neo 64GB| |Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1TB x3

|Logitech G900|K70 Cherry MX Speed|  |Logitech Z906 |  |HD650|  |CaseLabs SMA8 (one of the last ones made)

It helps clean off the paste better, having used the Artic Thermal Paste Remover and Purifier, not using a cleaner leaves behind a lot of residue you might not see.

just go to a car store or walmart and buy some carburator cleaner..spray a little on a paper towel and whip off the old stuff

nothing ive found works better then carburator cleaner

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

Isopropyl alcohol is amazing just use it.

It has magic too. 

In some locations it's hard to get (it's only being sold 1+ galon for me). Hexane or dodecane are also nice and easier to buy.

I....didn't use vodka one time......

CPU: i5-4690k GPU: 280x Toxic PSU: Coolermaster V750 Motherboard: Z97X-SOC RAM: Ripjaws 1x8 1600mhz Case: Corsair 750D HDD: WD Blue 1TB

How to Build A PC|Windows 10 Review Follow the CoC and don't be a scrub~soaringchicken

In some locations it's hard to get (it's only being sold 1+ galon for me). Hexane or dodecane are also nice and easier to buy.

You can use the 70% denatured alcohol too. Works great for cleaning screens, keyboard, etc... Just dilute it with water half ratio.

Check your pharmacy or local hardware store. 

|EVGA 850 P2| |1440p PG279Q| |X570 Aorus Extreme| |Ryzen 9 3950x WC| |FE 2080Ti WC|TridentZ Neo 64GB| |Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1TB x3

|Logitech G900|K70 Cherry MX Speed|  |Logitech Z906 |  |HD650|  |CaseLabs SMA8 (one of the last ones made)