Orion Nebula
orion-nebula.jpg

Our own sun pictured in ultraviolet

sun_stereo_4dec2006_lrg.jpg

M31 Andromeda Galaxy

M31AndromedaSyst.jpg

I couldn't leave out our own planet

planet-earth-space.jpg

Please feel free to post some of your favourite space pictures, I'd add more but there are thousands to choose from lol

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

Are these renderings or real shots?

This is incredible! As you may be able to tell from my avatar I love space and these are awesome!

Sweet, are you familiar with the horsehead in the Orion Nebula?

12-27-2008_HorseHead2.jpg

horsehead_steinberg_big.jpg

horsehead_nebula_big.jpg

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

Are these renderings or real shots?

They are real shots from the Hubble Space Telescope (HST) and other land and space based telescopes, they may be in a false colour or something but are certainly real shots

so it this thread one where we post our fav space pics or where you post space pics for us to gawk At?

oh dear was that YOUR computer i just downloaded a few dozen viruses on when you weren't paying attention?

Yah I am familiar with the horse head. Really really nice pics.

Do you have any you'd like to share

so it this thread one where we post our fav space pics or where you post space pics for us to gawk At?

Both :)

Maybe I didn't type it clearly but I did type this :-

'Please feel free to post some of your favourite space pictures'

Wallpaper+18.png

Damn, those colours are stunning :)

www.spacetelescope.org/images/heic0602a

use it as my wallpaper

and i fixed the link so you should be able to choose the size now

oh dear was that YOUR computer i just downloaded a few dozen viruses on when you weren't paying attention?

www.spacetelescope.org/static/archives/images/original/heic0602a.tif

be warned its pretty big ;) i use it as my wallpaper

I was going to save it but at 445MB I can't, it'll take the rest of my life to download, do you have a smaller one?

I would share but I still don't know how to post pics lol

When you make a post there is a little picture just below the smiley face, click that and paste the URL

I was going to save it but at 445MB I can't, it'll take the rest of my life to download, do you have a smaller one?

done its still a bit big but not too big

done its still a bit big but not too big

Now it's saying that it can't be found

It keeps giving me an error saying I can't post image extensions :(  

What extension are you trying to post?

Now it's saying that it can't be found

i could have done this from the start but... ya know.....stuffpost-22981-0-76827300-1373220048_thumb.j

i could have done this from the start but... ya know.....stuffattachicon.gifheic0602a-1.jpeg

At 445MB what is the resolution?

At 445MB what is the resolution?

12392 by 15852 its also a. tiff file so that a factor in its size

Pictures from websites

That's weird, are they .jpg's?