The Witcher 3: TXAA; No DirectX 12 At launch

TwistedDictator
Go to solution Solved by TwistedDictator,

How could it support DX12 when it isn't out yet?

We need a news article telling us that W3 won't support DX12 at launch when Windows 10 is not finished and neither is the API?

There is the SDK for devs which is released before windows 10.

CD Projekt RED’s Lead Engine Programmer Balázs Török has a few conversation with his at The Witcher Hungary.

Török revealed that the PlayStation 4 & Xbox One versions of The Witcher 3 will be using a a “proprietary” temporal antialiasing technology of which the team is proud of, though they’ll demonstrated it at a later date.

“A proprietary Temporal Anti-Aliasing technique is used that we are proud of, but we’ll talk about it more when everyone can see the results.”

TXAA primary purpose is to remove temporal aliasing in scenes which is mainly important when dealing with moving objects and characters.

Török also stated that The Witcher 3 won’t support DirectX 12 at launch, the team will think about it for the future:

“Unfortunately the DX12 support is not possible, because players wouldn’t be able to use it right now. As will be available to the general public, I’m sure that we’ll think about it.”

Due to windows 10 not officially out users won’t be able to use DirectX 12 even when it does there will be many people using it until a while which would let the devs have time implement DX12 .

Source

Damn PC MASTER RACE I guess :P

Slick:

I don't care if you are right or wrong... someone will come around and correct you if you are wrong. What people need to realize is that we need to step up as a community and get above the pathetic fights and bickering. Share knowledge, be friendly, enjoy your stay.

He also forgot to mention if you dont know about the topic then dont make stuff up. Dont claim fake or assume things just by reading the title, Read the post. It doesnt matter if you made 3,000 as it could be mostly crap...

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

This guy xD

_

/ ( |

(    :

__\    \ _____

(____)   `|

(____)|     |

(____).__|

(___)__.|_____

^^^ thats a thumbs up

LG 34" 21:9 1440p

1080ti EVGA FTW3

i7 8700k @ 5GHz 1.3V Delidded

We need a news article telling us that W3 won't support DX12 at launch when Windows 10 is not finished and neither is the API?

“The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it the more it will contract” -Oliver Wendell Holmes “If it can be destroyed by the truth, it deserves to be destroyed by the truth.” -Carl Sagan

This guy xD

_

/ ( |

(    :

__\    \ _____

(____)   `|

(____)|     |

(____).__|

(___)__.|_____

^^^ thats a thumbs up

not sure if sarcastic or does not know the fact that you get an SDK for DirectX 12 before Windows 10 is released to develop programs...........Literally every new technology or revision of existing technologies do this. new console releases, android builds, etc., etc.

Slick:

I don't care if you are right or wrong... someone will come around and correct you if you are wrong. What people need to realize is that we need to step up as a community and get above the pathetic fights and bickering. Share knowledge, be friendly, enjoy your stay.

He also forgot to mention if you dont know about the topic then dont make stuff up. Dont claim fake or assume things just by reading the title, Read the post. It doesnt matter if you made 3,000 as it could be mostly crap...

And how are we users going to use the SDK if there's no DirectX 12 for them so far?

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case.