High quality streaming mic for a reasonable price?

MVPernula

Looking for a mic that will be good for twitch, skype, youtube and whatnot! Been looking at the so seeming stereotypical AT2020, any other suggestions or tips?

blue snowbal FTW

3 tips to have a good time on the LTT forums | 1. When you reply to someone please quote them | 2. Please follow your threads | 3. Follow the C.o.C 

If you follow these 3 tips you should have a blast.

i'm rather proud of this for some reason. http://imgur.com/6ttS5XZ

Blue Yeti if you can find a reasonably priced one.

CPU I7 - 4720HQ RAM 2 x 8GB • GPU Nvidia GTX 850M Storage 250GB 850 EVO - 1TB Seagate Hybrid
Keyboard CM Storm QuickFire Rapid-I (MX brown) & Pok3r (MX clear) • Mouse Logitech G502 • Sound Audio-Technica ATH-M50X • OS Windows 10 Pro - Linux Arch 
Storage Asustor AS7004T

The blue snowball is heavy and weird. My vote goes to the Samson C01U, I love mine!

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

The blue snowball is heavy and weird. My vote goes to the Samson C01U, I love mine!

who told you that?

3 tips to have a good time on the LTT forums | 1. When you reply to someone please quote them | 2. Please follow your threads | 3. Follow the C.o.C 

Blue Snowball

I've been seing alot about it but I want somehthing with more quality, I have listened to different audio samples from the product and I'm not quite satisfied. The quality of the AT2020 is more of what I want. As for the Blue Yeti it picks up too much backround noise in all of what I've heard.

blue snowbal FTW

I've been seing alot about it but I want somehthing with more quality, I have listened to different audio samples from the product and I'm not quite satisfied. The quality of the AT2020 is more of what I want. As for the Blue Yeti it picks up too much backround noise in all of what I've Heard.

Blue Yeti if you can find a reasonably priced one.

It is very loved and all that, but I feel like it picks up too much noise.

Indeed. the snowball is not what I'm aiming for. And the samson C01U? I have not heard of this mic.

SNIP

get a dynamic mic like a rode procaster

or if your are on a budget, behringer x8500 and an XLR to USB cable

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

who told you that?

From what I've seen in videos and heard over all in audio samples and from what people have said it's quite good. Though it's cable makes it hard to put where you want it, the over-all quality is not matching my wishlist and it's just too big in my opinion.

get a dynamic mic like a rode procaster

or if your are on a budget, behringer x8500 and an XLR to USB cable

Hmmm not quite what I'm searching for. It seems reliable and well reveiwed but not quite there.

Hmmm not quite what I'm searching for. It seems reliable and well reveiwed but not quite there.

which?

You should look into dynamic mics, I dont know your budget.. so its hard to say

Soon I am buying an Electrovice re320 which I high recommend but its not cheap

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

which?

You should look into dynamic mics, I dont know your budget.. so its hard to say

Soon I am buying an Electrovice re320 which I high recommend but its not cheap

Well 2000 kronor (sek). Im from Sweden so you convert it!

What is a dynamic mic specifically?

Well 2000 kronor (sek). Im from Sweden so you convert it!

What is a dynamic mic specifically?

it might be worth doing some research into microphone types

I find dynamic mics MUCH better at blocking background noise, the area of sound pickup is normally very small

condenser microphones sound great, but are very sensitive and pick up background noise easier

I've been seing alot about it but I want somehthing with more quality, I have listened to different audio samples from the product and I'm not quite satisfied. The quality of the AT2020 is more of what I want. As for the Blue Yeti it picks up too much backround noise in all of what I've Heard.

for the $60 price premium with the blue snowball i would go with it.

The AT2020 will pick up as much background noise as both the Blue mics because they're all condensor mics. One might be slightly better than the other at it but they're all about the same. If you're worried about background noise you should pick up a modmic instead. It's all you need for VOIP and amateur videos. You shouldn't need anything more until you're doing professional work. 

I would say blue snowball, cheap, easy to setup and sounds okay. The only reason I don't use one is because I like to hear myself whilst recording, streaming etc. (That's just me being fussy)

CPU: Intel i7-4770K Overclocked to 4.5GHZ GPU: Asus GTX 970 CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i Motherboard: Gigabyte D3H-Z97 RAM: Corsair Vengeance (4x4GB) Case: Corsair Obsidian Series 700D Storage: 2 X SanDisk 240GB SSDs in RAID 0, 128GB Crucial SSD, 3TB WD Green HDD, 1TB WD External HDD OS: Windows 10 Professional

it might be worth doing some research into microphone types

I find dynamic mics MUCH better at blocking background noise, the area of sound pickup is normally very small

condenser microphones sound great, but are very sensitive and pick up background noise easier

Hmm is the RODE NTG1 a dynamic mic? If so I have been looking in to them a little bit. I like the idea, if them having a really small area of "audio pickup". But wont a condenser be simpler to use? I don't really feel like have a huge mic directly in my face. or is that not the case?

Hmm is the RODE NTG1 a dynamic mic? If so I have been looking in to them a little bit. I like the idea, if them having a really small area of "audio pickup". But wont a condenser be simpler to use? I don't really feel like have a huge mic directly in my face. or is that not the case?

the rode NTG1 is a condenser shotgun microphone

The size of a dynamic mic is no different to that of a condenser - in fact they are usually smaller, they are also end address, unlike some condenser mics which are side address

You do have to speak closer to them, like 1-6", BUT that is why they cut down on background noise

as I say sometihng like the rode Procaster is a great one, built in pop filter too

the rode NTG1 is a condenser shotgun microphone

The size of a dynamic mic is no different to that of a condenser - in fact they are usually smaller, they are also end address, unlike some condenser mics which are side address

You do have to speak closer to them, like 1-6", BUT that is why they cut down on background noise

as I say sometihng like the rode Procaster is a great one, built in pop filter too

What about the Rode Podcaster. It seems to be a USB version of the Procaster. 

Or is there some specific reason why you recommend it?

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

What about the Rode Podcaster. It seems to be a USB version of the Procaster. 

Or is there some specific reason why you recommend it?

sorry that is the one I was thinking of

sorry that is the one I was thinking of

Oh, well it has confused me in the past too.

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

for the $60 price premium with the blue snowball i would go with it.

Yeah I can go on microphones more expensive!