How to Clone Data from HDD to SSD without Having to Reinstall all the programs

Afrasiyab

HELLO BROS!

Just wanted to ask some questions about cloning.

1. I currently have 2 250GB HDDs, one cotains my Windows and other is just for mass storage.

2. Now today, I bought a new 160 GB SSD, which I want to be my new boot drive.

Note:- Forget about the 2nd HDD, cuz it's just mass storage, it has nothing to do here :P'

3. My Boot HDD's full size is 250GB, which is bigger than the SSD's 160GB, but my HDD contains less than 160GB data. So will I be able to clone all the data from HDD 1 to SSD without having any issues?

4. If I clone all the data from HDD to SSD, what would I do next, to make the HDD 1 become mass storage? And just the SSD containing the OS?

5. Note that the HDD 1 DOES CONTAIN Partitions. My Windows is in C, and other data is in F and G. So can I clone just the C partition, which contains the OS, to the SSD? and make SSD the boot drive?

6. Suppose if I do clone the OS to the SSD, and make HDD 1 another mass storage device, will my programs run fine? Like my PC assumes the SSD as HDD 1 and run everything fine without any brablums?

Sorry bros if I ask too much, and if my questions are kinda noobish, but I'm new to this 'SSD' stuff, so please guide me.

Thanks a lot! :)

Just copy and paste and as long as everything Is in the same directory it should work fine

Just copy and paste and as long as everything Is in the same directory it should work fine

What do you mean? Explain please.

What do you mean? Explain please.

I think he simply means that you should copy your whole C: drive, with program files, users, windows and everything to the SSD.

But tbh I don't think it'll be that easy... there could be some specific softwares dedicated to it, give that clonezilla thing some posted earlier a look before doing this.

If you want to clone your hard drive to your SSD I recommend Acronis True Image - I believe you can get a free trail from there website.

this will not work as it doesn't add registry entries.

OP, use clonezilla.

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

All information redacted thanks to help from kidjt94 - I see I was wrong. What's good is we have someone with a bit more experience. He's right, I've heard of people using clonezilla without a problem. 

-  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -

"Let the Wookie win."

There is actually 2 partitions on your C:/, there is a hidden system reserved.

You need to move both of these to your SSD. Otherwise windows wont boot

I use a program called Paragon Drive Copy. Works great, and easy as.

It automatically shrinks the size of the partitions to fit aswell.

Clonezilla and Acronis are very good I've used ShadowCopy also before