Is this a good powerline adapter?

Spev

http://www.amazon.com/TP-LINK-TL-PA6010KIT-Powerline-Adapter-Starter/dp/B00IBPLI48/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1427168109&sr=8-1&keywords=powerline+adapter+gigabit

Seems to be the most popular on Amazon. I wanted to try this out. It's not ridiculously expensive and I'm having some connection problems so I thought I would try it out. Is this a good one? Or are there any better alternatives?

Current PC build: [CPU: Intel i7 8700k] [GPU: GTX 1070 Asus ROG Strix] [Ram: Corsair LPX 32GB 3000MHz] [Mobo: Asus Prime Z370-A] [SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 500GB primary + Samsung 860 Evo 1TB secondary] [PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 750w 80plus] [Monitors: Dual Dell Ultrasharp U2718Qs, 4k IPS] [Case: Fractal Design R5]

powerline adapters on;y really go to a max of 600..so yea that one is fine

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

powerline adapters on;y really go to a max of 600..so yea that one is fine

Yeah I see that. I was more looking on some opinions on powerline adapaters. I have never tried them, and not sure how well they work. It will be for gaming so it can't be dropping out.

Current PC build: [CPU: Intel i7 8700k] [GPU: GTX 1070 Asus ROG Strix] [Ram: Corsair LPX 32GB 3000MHz] [Mobo: Asus Prime Z370-A] [SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 500GB primary + Samsung 860 Evo 1TB secondary] [PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 750w 80plus] [Monitors: Dual Dell Ultrasharp U2718Qs, 4k IPS] [Case: Fractal Design R5]

I have the AV500 version of that powerline adapter and it's amazing! :D Definitely buy it :)

My Current Build: 

Intel i5 3570K @ 4.4GHz 1.11V, Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO, Asrock Z77 Extreme4, Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600MHz, Samsung 840 EVO 250GB, Asus GTX 760 DCII Overclocked, Corsair CX600M

I have the AV500 version of that powerline adapter and it's amazing! :D Definitely buy it :)

How is it for gaming? Like relating to ping that's really important in the games I play.

In a nutshell, as I've said in numerous other threads in this sub forum, powerline is great for when wireless is crap. But it's no silver bullet. It's not magic and it's not always better than wireless. Pings aren't as good as wired and in many cases are worse than a decent wireless connection but they are better than wireless when it's broken. Speed again isn't anywhere near as good as wired and in many cases worse than wireless but they are better (and over greater distances) than broken wireless. If you are at the edge of the range of your wireless then it's a good option. If not, if you have a good signal, then powerline won't help. Consider getting a better access point, adapter or maybe actually running Ethernet instead.

As for the various types of adapters, to break it down for you simply and with some realistic numbers:

AV200: ~40Mbps

AV500: ~70Mbps

AV600: ~140Mbps

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing

How is it for gaming? Like relating to ping that's really important in the games I play.

Personally on the AV500 my pings are only a couple milliseconds higher than they were when I was wired :)

My Current Build: 

Intel i5 3570K @ 4.4GHz 1.11V, Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO, Asrock Z77 Extreme4, Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600MHz, Samsung 840 EVO 250GB, Asus GTX 760 DCII Overclocked, Corsair CX600M

I find TP-Link powerlines very good for there price. Solid choice.