os install

scobie56

is it possible to take my hdd out of my laptop and plug it in to my pc via usb and burn the iso onto the hdd 

My speakers dont even fit on or under my desk...PA's FTW

nope

when you install the OS

it will take your desktop hardwares and register it into the Windows Registry

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

nope

when you install the OS

it will take your desktop hardwares and register it into the Windows Registry

so not at all evan if the hdd goes back into the same laptop to install it 

so not at all evan if the hdd goes back into the same laptop to install it 

if what i understand is correct or correct me if i am wrong

you install the OS into the HDD which is connected to the desktop PC

then install the HDD back into the laptop

then that method will not work

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

if what i understand is correct or correct me if i am wrong

you install the OS into the HDD which is connected to the desktop PC

then install the HDD back into the laptop

then that method will not work

i will enplane it in detail  

i take the hdd out of my laptop plug my sata to usb onto the drive and into my desktop then use Rufus to turn it into a boot drive then put the drive back into the laptop and then install windows via the laptop 

i will enplane it in detail  

i take the hdd out of my laptop plug my sata to usb onto the drive and into my desktop then use Rufus to turn it into a boot drive then put the drive back into the laptop and then install windows via the laptop 

I dont think that will work

I dont think that will work

ok 

I'm guessing your laptop doesn't have a dvd or cd drive and you want to reinstall windows, best bet would be to create a USB boot disk from your iso and boot from that to install windows on your laptop.

Only other thing would be a factory reset.

What is this guy even asking? If you put the ISO on the disk, its just a ISO on a disk... just like any other disk in the history of history.

Please spend as much time writing your question, as you want me to spend responding to it.  Take some time, and explain your issue, please!

Spoiler

If you need to learn how to install Windows, check here:  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/324871-guide-how-to-install-windows-the-right-way/

Event Viewer 101: https://youtu.be/GiF9N3fJbnE

What is this guy even asking? If you put the ISO on the disk, its just a ISO on a disk... just like any other disk in the history of history.

Beats me, It's not understandable. My best guess is he wants to put his laptops hard drive in his computer and use it to install windows on to his computers hard drive. Not possible.

2500K @ 4.5GHz | ASRock P67 Extreme 6 | 16GB Ram | GTX 750 Ti | 250gb SSD | 1TB+2TB HDD | 720W CoolerMaster PSU | Essense STX Sound Card | Define R5

Beats me, It's not understandable. My best guess is he wants to put his laptops hard drive in his computer and use it to install windows on to his computers hard drive. Not possible.

I don't even know what this means...

If he wants to install Windows on his notebook he can just do so using this guide:

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/324871-guide-how-to-install-windows-the-right-way/#entry4412493

Please spend as much time writing your question, as you want me to spend responding to it.  Take some time, and explain your issue, please!

Spoiler

If you need to learn how to install Windows, check here:  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/324871-guide-how-to-install-windows-the-right-way/

Event Viewer 101: https://youtu.be/GiF9N3fJbnE