LS990 Lollipop Flash

So ive been really lazy and havent taken any action even though lollipop is available for my phone (sprint lg g3 (ls990)) but since im rooted I cant take the OTA (i think.). So I'm relatively new to the android game and to my knowledge I have to flash the OTA. I have TWRP recovery installed so thats not a problem, and I'm fully rooted. I was looking around and I think I found what I need. I think I just download this zip and flash it with TWRP and reboot and bam I'm on lollipop but I want to make sure that I'm not going to screw something up and brick the hell out of my phone.

As of now I'm on 4.4.2 on the ZV4.

Here is the link to the .zip ROM forum.xda-developers.com/sprint-lg-g3/development/stockzv8lodexed-t3030795

Can I flash straight into this ZV8 lollipop or do I have to go to zv6 first?

It mentions something about the modem not being backwards compatible...?

This will keep root for me?

I will lose my stuff right?

TL;DR: rooted ls990 with zv4 - can i flash the zip on the link above with twrp?

You don't want Lollipop, trust me.

CPU: i5-4690k GPU: 280x Toxic PSU: Coolermaster V750 Motherboard: Z97X-SOC RAM: Ripjaws 1x8 1600mhz Case: Corsair 750D HDD: WD Blue 1TB

How to Build A PC|Windows 10 Review Follow the CoC and don't be a scrub~soaringchicken

Lies. You sit on a throne of lies.

Laptop - Lenovo Y50   Keyboard - Corsair K95 RGB Cherry MX Brown   Mouse - Logitech G502 Proteus Core   Mousepad - Razer Firefly

Please read the LTT Code of Conduct before submitting a post

Lies. You sit on a throne of lies.

And can I get an answer to the OP

I ended up turning off the animations on my phone, it slows the phone down, there are still numerous unfixed bugs, and it's just....bad

CPU: i5-4690k GPU: 280x Toxic PSU: Coolermaster V750 Motherboard: Z97X-SOC RAM: Ripjaws 1x8 1600mhz Case: Corsair 750D HDD: WD Blue 1TB

How to Build A PC|Windows 10 Review Follow the CoC and don't be a scrub~soaringchicken

I ended up turning off the animations on my phone, it slows the phone down, there are still numerous unfixed bugs, and it's just....bad

Sorry. I have nothing to add unfortunately. Pretty new to the android side of things and have no experience with flashing and rooting.

Laptop - Lenovo Y50   Keyboard - Corsair K95 RGB Cherry MX Brown   Mouse - Logitech G502 Proteus Core   Mousepad - Razer Firefly

Well I will be testing it out...

I have no problems with it. In fact I get better performance with it on my M8 than with KK. However, it is a flagship grade phone, so basically anything you throw at it should run fairly smoothly.

I have no problems with it. In fact I get better performance with it on my M8 than with KK. However, it is a flagship grade phone, so basically anything you throw at it should run fairly smoothly.

Well, I have a G3 as well

Hardly slows the phone down, unless it's underpowered, and even then, like you said, you can disable animations. Obviously there are bugs... that happens when you switch runtimes entirely to a brand new one. Either way, by my standards thus far, Lollipop > Kitkat, and I'm what most people consider a 'power user.'

@BuntzenB

No, don't take the OTA if you're rooted. You run the risk of bricking your phone or at least losing root, and you may not be able to achieve root again once you take the OTA. As a side note, since you're rooted and have TWRP installed, just install an AOSP ROM. Better experience anyways, plus you can potentially get more features, a less bloated system, etc. etc.

Check out some ROMs here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/sprint-lg-g3/development

There's even some G3 stock ROMs if you like the look and feel of stock G3.

I currently use CyanogenMod on my G3 (VS985) and it's probably the most stable Lollipop ROM out there right now and it easily has the most support. Unfortunately though, CM doesn't support the LS990 right now. 

COMIC SANS

@BuntzenB

No, don't take the OTA if you're rooted. You run the risk of bricking your phone. You more than likely won't, but why take the risk? As a side note, since you're rooted and have TWRP installed, just install an AOSP ROM. Better experience anyways, plus you can potentially get more features, a less bloated system, etc. etc.

Check out some ROMs here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/sprint-lg-g3/development

There's even some G3 stock ROMs if you like the look and feel of stock G3.

I currently use CyanogenMod on my G3 (VS985) and it's probably the most stable Lollipop ROM out there right and it easily has the most support. Unfortunately though, CM doesn't support the LS990 right now. 

yeah im really bummed out that cm doesnt support the ls990 :'(

also the link i provided was the g3 stock rom.... that runs the risk of a brick?

Also which ROM do you think I should go with if cm is out of the question? And does it come with root?

Thx!

yeah im really bummed out that cm doesnt support the ls990 :'(

also the link i provided was the g3 stock rom.... that runs the risk of a brick?

Also which ROM do you think I should go with if cm is out of the question? And does it come with root?

Thx!

I didn't click on the link, woops.

:P

But ya, ROMs like that are fine. I still recommend an AOSP based ROM though. 

As for other ROMs, Illusion isn't too awfully bad, and it was updated recently for the LS990. Try that out. But really though, experiment!

:D

COMIC SANS

Lol thanks though.

Wait so which AOSP would you recommend?

And for at least a week to a month I'm going to try out the lg stock (possibly for a review as I'm thinking of starting a tech channel)

As for other ROMs, Illusion isn't too awfully bad, and it was updated recently for the LS990. Try that out. But really though, experiment!

:D

I have done the deed! It is currently optimizing apps (we are at 60 of 150)

I have done the deed! It is currently optimizing apps (we are at 60 of 150)

Yaaaaay. Although I would have recommended a clean flash instead of a dirty flash since dirty flashes can have some issues. If you're experiencing any issues, perform a clean flash.

COMIC SANS

Yaaaaay. Although I would have recommended a clean flash instead of a dirty flash since dirty flashes can have some issues. If you're experiencing any issues, perform a clean flash.

Yeah I'm relatively new to this and rather inexperienced. It seems fine so far, but I will do that next time.