Windows media creator on Mac?

Cactu

So I tried to use the windows media creator for my new computer build to make a bootable USB drive and the only computers at my disposal are macs. I download USB the media creation tool, ran it and it just created a zip folder which contained the same exe that I ran the first time. Help?

Macs can't open .exe files; those only work on Windows.

Try iMovie, or find a new program that works cross-platform.

is this for another computer or to run on your mac?

This is for my custom build

I'm not sure what you mean. Can you explain in further detail?

I'm not sure what you mean. Can you explain in further detail?

It sounded like you tried to copy the .exe for Windows Movie Maker to a flash drive and run it off a Mac, which isn't possible.

It sounded like you tried to copy the .exe for Windows Movie Maker to a flash drive and run it off a Mac, which isn't possible.

Ipoh I'm sorry I meant windows 8.1 ..... The operating system.......... Sorry

Ipoh I'm sorry I meant windows 8.1 ..... The operating system.......... Sorry

Oh, um...

Use the BootCamp Assistant; it makes USB drives, but only on newer Macs without DVD drives in them.

Oh, um...

Use the BootCamp Assistant; it makes USB drives, but only on newer Macs without DVD drives in them.

How?

I posted in your other thread but I'll put it here too.

http://www.pendrivelinux.com/universal-usb-installer-easy-as-1-2-3/

This claims it will work in wine. I use it for windows usb installing and never have trouble.

2500K @ 4.5GHz | ASRock P67 Extreme 6 | 16GB Ram | GTX 750 Ti | 250gb SSD | 1TB+2TB HDD | 720W CoolerMaster PSU | Essense STX Sound Card | Define R5

So I tried to use the windows media creator for my new computer build to make a bootable USB drive and the only computers at my disposal are macs. I download USB the media creation tool, ran it and it just created a zip folder which contained the same exe that I ran the first time. Help?

so you created another thread for a question I could have easily answered in your original thread. really?

CPU: Intel I5-4690k (stock) Motherboard: Asus B85 Pro gamer RAM: 2x4 - GB Avexir kit (xmp is not enabled) GPU: XFX R9 280X DD Case: Coolermaster Storm Enforcer Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, WD 250GB PSU: Thermaltake Smartpower 750w Monitor: BenQ RL2455HM Cooling: 200mm front intake, 200mm top exhaust, 200mm rear exhaust Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core Sound: Kingston HyperX Clouds and Logitech Speakers Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Hi,

You can try Kodi, formerly XBMC, its a free and open source media player and entertainment center for Linux, Mac OS X, Windows, XBox, and iOS. 

Hi,

You can try Kodi, formerly XBMC, its a free and open source media player and entertainment center for Linux, Mac OS X, Windows, XBox, and iOS. 

This is hilarious.

Should teach him not to make another thread for something he could've googled, or asked in his old thread.

He is talking about getting an ISO for Windows 8.1. He can't use the media creator because he is on a mac

Not a media player... Not your fault though, his.

CPU: Intel I5-4690k (stock) Motherboard: Asus B85 Pro gamer RAM: 2x4 - GB Avexir kit (xmp is not enabled) GPU: XFX R9 280X DD Case: Coolermaster Storm Enforcer Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, WD 250GB PSU: Thermaltake Smartpower 750w Monitor: BenQ RL2455HM Cooling: 200mm front intake, 200mm top exhaust, 200mm rear exhaust Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core Sound: Kingston HyperX Clouds and Logitech Speakers Operating System: Windows 10 64bit