Windows 95

Chef

Hey i need a copy of windows 95.

So i built a pc for my grand parents about 3 months ago. they loved how fast it was because the main computer that they were using was some like a 2003 windows xp machine to surf the web. The other day i get a call from my grand father asking where the floppy drive is because on the other computer that they had ( A windows 95 machine) he had a accounting soft ware that he liked and wanted to put it on the new pc. i told him that there is probably a new version of the soft ware and i helped him find it, after we got it installed i could see that it was nothing like the old one and he uses that soft ware a lot and would have problems trying to use the new one.

So my idea is to partition the hard drive and put 95 on one side and leave 7 on the other.

But will 95 even work on modern components?

and does anybody have a copy they will sell me?

thanks for any help :)

Windows 95 will not run on the system, I can assure you that. It stops working on system with 1GB of RAM or more, just for starters. Forget the point of the lack of ANY drivers, including USB.. so no keyboard and mouse.

Your best bet, and even better for your grand parent, is to use virtual PC environment software.

If the computer is running Windows 7 Professional, it comes with XP Mode, you can install Windows 95 on that. You just need a license.

If you are running Windows 8 Pro, and it's a real modern PC, then you can use Hyper-V virtual environment and install Windows 95 on that.

If not, then you can try VirtualBox or Microsoft Virtual PC software.

Sadly, you can't just buy a license of Windows 95 anymore. You can try eBay. If you have a valid genuine Windows 95 product key, then you can look for torrent for an ISO backup of the Windows 95 disk.

All I can thinkg off, is that if you are a student, and your school or department in your school are registered to MSDNAA, you have access to about all Microsoft software for free, except Office (but you have OneNote, Access, Visio and Project). While you don't have Windows 95 (starts at XP and up), you do have MS-DOS 6, so if the program is a 16-bit DOS program, this another option.

It will work, I have Win98se on a modern i7 (870) with SATA drive so there goes that theory. Sure you can't use the modern features of the mobo or cpu but it runs. Don't think its sell able but there are options.

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

Hmm on my side it didn't work.. but I tried 95. I never tried 98.. and you tried 98se, so it has USB support or some level of support, if I recall correctly,

It will work, I have Win98se on a modern i7 (870) with SATA drive so there goes that theory. Sure you can't use the modern features of the mobo or cpu but it runs. Don't think its sell able but there are options.
98se is not 95. 95 will not work natively. You must emulate as was mentioned above.

Best bet if you HAVE to have 95 would be to emulate it... But... And I hate to say it but the easiest and best route for all parties would be to sit down and offer to teach him how to use the newer software. It likely has features that he will benefit from, and he won't be stuck on an archaic platform that is likely very insecure. I know this isn't quite the same, but when I upgraded my grandpa's computer from Vista to 8, he had been using works for years. Even though Works could be installed on 8, he didn't have the disc, and so I offered to install Office 2010 for him. It was a big upgrade, and he didn't like it at first, but after a day or so of using it and asking me questions here and there he really enjoys all the extra features in the newer version.

If you need 95, as others have said install a virtual machine environment like java virtual machine, VMware, etc. Then acquire a windows 95 iso and install as a virtual machine (you should be able to use the license from the old computer if you are junking it without an issue. I assume you have already tried installing/running the old accounting software in compatibility mode on windows 7 and it won't run. I have a few programs from the windows 95/98 era that still run just fine in windows 7.

Dude if your so sure why ask for are help and just download an iso I am sure your more than capable of finding I just did.

Apologies if I sounded rude!

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️

my friend, you ned "erase" 95 and install the linux DEBIAN

http://wiki.debian.org/

• AMD 7850 - 2GB GDDR5 256bits
  • gBANDWIDTH = 170.2 GB/s
  • gSHADERS = 1024 unified
  • gCPUoc = 1050 mhz
  • gMEMoc = 1330 mhz (x4)
  • gPIXELfillrate = 33.6 GP/s
  • gTEXTUREfillrate = 67.2 GT/s