Are there any laptops like this?

Cs342

I am looking for a laptop with the following criteria:

15 inch screen

Fairly high-performing CPU

1TB HDD + 128/256GB SSD

Thin and light

8+hour battery life

Does such a machine exist? Please let me know. Thanks!

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

budget?

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

15 inch screen

1TB HDD + 128/256GB SSD

Thin and light

8+hour battery life

Yeah for about 1000$,that is a lot to ask especially for a laptop. Unless you need a portable computer, a desktop would be cheaper.

Yeah for about 1000$,that is a lot to ask especially for a laptop. Unless you need a portable computer, a desktop would be cheaper.

Not for $1000. Never seen one with an HDD PLUS an SSD PLUS an 8+ hour battery life. I have yet to see a high-performance laptop with a battery life longer than 4-5 hours under MEDIUM load.

FX-8350 | GA-990FXA-UD3 | G.SKILL 2x8GB 1600MHz | 1TB WD RE4 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI R9 290x Lightning | Corsair AX860i | Silverstone FT05B-W

Pentium G3258 | MSI Z97 PC Mate | G.SKILL 4x4GB 1066MHz | 500GB Samsung 2.5" | Stock cooler | Pending GPU | EVGA 500B | Antec DF-35

GoPro Hero 3 Silver | Netgear R7000 Nighthawk with DD-WRT | HP Officejet Pro 8610 | Canon iP110 | AudioTechnica ATR2500 USB

Downdraft cooler for mITX board (new build) | Desk mount mic stand | Pop filter | Anti-vibration mount for microphone | mITX case | 3rd monitor (matching existing 23.1" | Intel Core i7-4790K (for mITX build)

15 inch screen

1TB HDD + 128/256GB SSD

Thin and light

8+hour battery life

No. Not for many years more.

I have finally moved to a desktop. Also my guides are outdated as hell.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday

Not for $1000. Never seen one with an HDD PLUS an SSD PLUS an 8+ hour battery life. I have yet to see a high-performance laptop with a battery life longer than 4-5 hours under MEDIUM load.

If money wasn't an issue you could use a barebones laptop and getting everything you need. It just would not be cost effective.

What about if I changed the battery life requirement to 6+ hours? Basically what I'm looking for is a thin and light laptop with a 15 inch screen.

6 hours doing what?

You have yet to say what you want to do.

6 hours with light web surfing and writing documents. I will be using it for heavier stuff, but I'll be plugged in when I do.

What if I'm willing to drop the screen to 13 inches? Any thin and light notebooks I can use for college? Just gonna be doing some programming and probably some DAW work.

what I might do in your case is buy a cheap netbook for mobile needs and build a nice desktop for the major work

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

6 hours with light web surfing and writing documents. I will be using it for heavier stuff, but I'll be plugged in when I do.

Gigabyte P35 series should work. I've seen ~5 hours or more on web surfing if I remember correctly.

what I might do in your case is buy a cheap netbook for mobile needs and build a nice desktop for the major work

This is also a decent idea, however not a cheap netbook. Get a decent one with a decent keyboard. Or an ULV CPU-using laptop.

I have finally moved to a desktop. Also my guides are outdated as hell.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday

Gigabyte P35 series should work. I've seen ~5 hours or more on web surfing if I remember correctly.

This is also a decent idea, however not a cheap netbook. Get a decent one with a decent keyboard. Or an ULV CPU-using laptop.

How good is the performance on the Asus UX305?