Feedback on my first pc build?

Joraiem

Hey, I'm rather new to this whole pc building thing. Right now I'm gaming on a $300 laptop that I bought from walmart four years ago for school. And it usually runs about 14 fps, which is obviously pretty bad. Unfortunately, I'm probably not going to be building a new machine anytime soon, as much as I would like to. Right now I'm more just trying to get my feet in the territory and figure out what I'm doing until I actually have the money to build something decent. So, my budget would be about 350 to 400 USD, not counting the monitor, OS, etc. And my goal is to get decent frame rates (30 to fps), and low ping, mostly with mmos and rpgs, with the graphics turned up reasonably high. I'm not looking to run Crysis 3 on high or anything, more like Shadow of Mordor on medium.

So, this is what I've got so far and I would love some feedback. Thanks.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Xc48vK

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/XCnTRB

There ye go.

Will out perform the original system by miles. :P

I like this build, but you can fit a better GPU and still be under $400

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-F2A68HM-DS2H Micro ATX FM2+ Motherboard  ($41.98 @ Newegg) 
Memory: Team Elite Plus 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($52.99 @ Newegg) 
Video Card: PowerColor Radeon R9 270X 2GB PCS+ Video Card  ($143.98 @ Newegg) 
Case: Thermaltake VL80001W2Z ATX Mid Tower Case  ($22.99 @ Micro Center) 
Total: $396.91
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-03-20 00:50 EDT-0400

i5 4690K @ 4.5Ghz | OC'd XFX R9 290 | 8GB DDR3-1600 | 1TB HDD, 250GB SSD | Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H | 650W Rosewill PSU | Rosewill Thor White V2 Case | Windows 8.1 | 1440p 144Hz Freesync 27" |1080p 60Hz 24"

You can do way better. Here you go for $450 (which is what your build came out to without rebates):

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i3-4130 3.4GHz Dual-Core Processor  ($114.95 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: MSI H81M-P33 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($43.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Memory: Crucial 4GB (1 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($26.98 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($44.99 @ Best Buy)
Video Card: HIS Radeon R9 270 2GB IceQ X² Video Card  ($147.99 @ Newegg)
Case: BitFenix Neos White ATX Mid Tower Case  ($33.99 @ NCIX US)
Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($42.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Total: $455.88
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-03-20 00:52 EDT-0400

So, in general your advice would be for be to knock the cpu down a couple notches and put that money into more ram and a better graphics card? OK. Thanks, for the help

Hey, I'm rather new to this whole pc building thing. Right now I'm gaming on a $300 laptop that I bought from walmart four years ago for school. And it usually runs about 14 fps, which is obviously pretty bad. Unfortunately, I'm probably not going to be building a new machine anytime soon, as much as I would like to. Right now I'm more just trying to get my feet in the territory and figure out what I'm doing until I actually have the money to build something decent. So, my budget would be about 350 to 400 USD, not counting the monitor, OS, etc. And my goal is to get decent frame rates (30 to fps), and low ping, mostly with mmos and rpgs, with the graphics turned up reasonably high. I'm not looking to run Crysis 3 on high or anything, more like Shadow of Mordor on medium.

So, this is what I've got so far and I would love some feedback. Thanks.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Xc48vK

Ping has nothing to do with the pc, it has to do with your connection and network.