Stuttering on some games

WildChickenNutz

OK guys this is whats happening BEFORE I START MY SPECS ARE IN MY NAME. On some games my video card is only running at 45% gpu and 60fps and frame drops so my ? is why don't it auto clock up when needed to keep if from frame dropping. I have the performance option check in Nvidia control panel but doesnt seem to help.  My card and cpu run fine on alot of games that are demanding titles its just when its not using its resources it seems to have issues. You would think it would auto clock when needed. Im stumped :( 

CPU:I7-4790K @ 4.8ghz MOTHERBOARD:MSI-Z97-G45 Ram:G-SKILL SNIPER 8GB 1866 GPU:Msi GTX 970 4G COOLER:PHANTEK PH TC14PE BK 3 FAN CONFIG PSU:Roswell Lightning 1300W HDD: 1TB WD, 2TB SEGATE Mushkin 120GB SSD CASE:COOLER MASTER HAF 922

1 - Clocking up is not instant. If action spikes it can take a while before the card matches.

2 - Do you have THIS OPTION set for the game in NCP?

3 - If the above does not fix the issue, then *PLEASE* harass nVidia about it. Because maxwell has some serious issues with its adaptive voltage "efficiency" that most people don't seem to notice. Maybe this will get them to fix things with drivers, because they've proven that drivers can ignore vBIOS settings.

I have finally moved to a desktop. Also my guides are outdated as hell.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday

1 - Clocking up is not instant. If action spikes it can take a while before the card matches.

2 - Do you have THIS OPTION set for the game in NCP?

3 - If the above does not fix the issue, then *PLEASE* harass nVidia about it. Because maxwell has some serious issues with its adaptive voltage "efficiency" that most people don't seem to notice. Maybe this will get them to fix things with drivers, because they've proven that drivers can ignore vBIOS settings.

yes i have all these setting clicked in the NCP. I wounder if its the game? Cod Advanced warfare does it on ultra, i have to play this shity game on medium for some reason. i hold 92fps on ultra and every 10 seconds i get fps drop to 1. Stuff like this dont make since and im not using the 3.5gb of ram more like 2.5 and 3 on  most games this is vram im talking about. This happens all on stock settings so i oced everything GPU 1600Mhz  Cpu 4.8Ghz Ram 2400Mhz with no luck.

CPU:I7-4790K @ 4.8ghz MOTHERBOARD:MSI-Z97-G45 Ram:G-SKILL SNIPER 8GB 1866 GPU:Msi GTX 970 4G COOLER:PHANTEK PH TC14PE BK 3 FAN CONFIG PSU:Roswell Lightning 1300W HDD: 1TB WD, 2TB SEGATE Mushkin 120GB SSD CASE:COOLER MASTER HAF 922

yes i have all these setting clicked in the NCP. I wounder if its the game? Cod Advanced warfare does it on ultra, i have to play this shity game on medium for some reason. i hold 92fps on ultra and every 10 seconds i get fps drop to 1. Stuff like this dont make since and im not using the 3.5gb of ram more like 2.5 and 3 on  most games this is vram im talking about. This happens all on stock settings so i oced everything GPU 1600Mhz  Cpu 4.8Ghz Ram 2400Mhz with no luck.

Well then that's a "maxwell power saving feature". Please go make noise at nVidia.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday

Well then that's a "maxwell power saving feature". Please go make noise at nVidia.

i even bios hacked my card to try to fix this lol no luck :(. so i just go to nvidias websit to file a complaint ?

Us mobile guys can't see your specs :)

view your site as classic problem solved 

If your cpu had activity spikes, it would be normal for gpu use to drops as it isn't being fed data. I would look into background programs that could be using ressource or writing to your hard drives.

If your cpu had activity spikes, it would be normal for gpu use to drops as it isn't being fed data. I would look into background programs that could be using ressource or writing to your hard drives.

everything is fine its the same games that do this my i7 is more then enough for gaming and i have only one hdd for games one hhd for movies and one ssd for os.

i even bios hacked my card to try to fix this lol no luck :(. so i just go to nvidias websit to file a complaint ?

Because drivers can ignore vBIOS. MAXWELL is not all that efficient, and its efficiency is aggressive downclocking and undervolting when not needed. Go talk to their tech support and make an issue, and make issues on their forum about it too.

When some random nobody like me talks about that shit, people like to say I know nothing. But since you have a specific case and I don't own a maxwell GPU, you have more clout with evidence than I.

Because drivers can ignore vBIOS. MAXWELL is not all that efficient, and its efficiency is aggressive downclocking and undervolting when not needed. Go talk to their tech support and make an issue, and make issues on their forum about it too.

When some random nobody like me talks about that shit, people like to say I know nothing. But since you have a specific case and I don't own a maxwell GPU, you have more clout with evidence than I.

by the way i had this same issue on my 770 as well thats why i upgraded that makes me believe its the games, but wanted to ask the forums.

view your site as classic problem solved

Take 10 seconds to your specs instead of spending it to type where we could find your specs lol