Ram I can't get how do I solve this problem

Go to solution Solved by TheKleen,

Are you in the US?

I believe this is the ram you're looking for?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231720

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HS0QFKY/

If you need to buy another brand, just make sure the sticks have the same cas latency, timings, and voltage. I believe you can use different frequency ram even and your pc will just run them at the lower of the two speeds.

Hey everyone I need some help. I just build my new pc gaming computer and I did the thing where I just got 4 gb of ram, namely the GSkill Ripjaws X Series 4gb 1866. Everything good and well with it however the problem I am having is that i need an extra kit of ram but I can't find another 4gb kit. All I can find is the 8gb kits 2x4gb but the problem is that my motherboard only supports 2 slots and if I get the 8gb kit I would have to have a 4gb kit laying around not doing anything.

Y cant u just buy a standard 4gb stick thats the same as what u have? u dont half to buy a 8gb kit u can just get a single stick as long as its the same maker ,timings and speed your fine 

CPU:I7-4790K @ 4.8ghz MOTHERBOARD:MSI-Z97-G45 Ram:G-SKILL SNIPER 8GB 1866 GPU:Msi GTX 970 4G COOLER:PHANTEK PH TC14PE BK 3 FAN CONFIG PSU:Roswell Lightning 1300W HDD: 1TB WD, 2TB SEGATE Mushkin 120GB SSD CASE:COOLER MASTER HAF 922

Y cant u just buy a standard 4gb stick thats the same as what u have? u dont half to buy a 8gb kit u can just get a single stick as long as its the same maker ,timings and speed your fine 

Two things. Learn to write so we can read it. And read OP before posting.

@Hussean, try different stores and even used market. Single stick things are getting more and more rare anyway. It might even be cheaper to just get dual kit and have single stick as backup.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Two things. Learn to write so we can read it. And read OP before posting.

@Hussean, try different stores and even used market. Single stick things are getting more and more rare anyway. It might even be cheaper to just get dual kit and have single stick as backup.

not true newegg has a bunch by this manufacture and my wording is just fine. The op is stated he only has one stick of ram and would like 8 and don't want the extra 4 laying around. 

CPU:I7-4790K @ 4.8ghz MOTHERBOARD:MSI-Z97-G45 Ram:G-SKILL SNIPER 8GB 1866 GPU:Msi GTX 970 4G COOLER:PHANTEK PH TC14PE BK 3 FAN CONFIG PSU:Roswell Lightning 1300W HDD: 1TB WD, 2TB SEGATE Mushkin 120GB SSD CASE:COOLER MASTER HAF 922

not true newegg has a bunch by this manufacture and my wording is just fine. The op is stated he only has one stick of ram and would like 8 and don't want the extra 4 laying around. 

Newegg might have. So does many other bigger shops: But as no location is mentioned, you can't assume that those are available options for OP.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Newegg might have. So does many other bigger shops: But as no location is mentioned, you can't assume that those are available options for OP.

This is a forum where we give advice. If he has this option he can take it no need to nit pick me for giving this guy one option.

This is a forum where we give advice. If he has this option he can take it no need to nit pick me for giving this guy one option.

The problem I am running into is that I want a 4gb kit of the exact same ram I already have but I can't find any 4gb kit just 8gb (2x4gb) I don't want those although I can afford it I don't want to have a 4gb kit laying around not doing anything. I was wondering if I could get some other brand of the same timing and I was also wondering if it will affect performance I just need 8gb.

The problem I am running into is that I want a 4gb kit of the exact same ram I already have but I can't find any 4gb kit just 8gb (2x4gb) I don't want those although I can afford it I don't want to have a 4gb kit laying around not doing anything. I was wondering if I could get some other brand of the same timing and I was also wondering if it will affect performance I just need 8gb.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231720this is the only 1866 kit i found this will work even tho the timing might be alittle off just stick with the same brand and as close as you can get it. but u can use mis match ram performance i doubt u take a hit. this should work let me know what u end up doing 

Are you in the US?

If you need to buy another brand, just make sure the sticks have the same cas latency, timings, and voltage. I believe you can use different frequency ram even and your pc will just run them at the lower of the two speeds.

Are you in the US?

I can't tell you how much I appreciate the search and I and help you provided.Thanks for your help. I don't know why I couldn't find it.