Dual-boot Mac with Windows already installed?

Andrewf

I want to dual boot mac, I have everything I need to get the installation started, I just need the sure-fire way to do it. No I don't want to install mac, and boot-camp windows, that's what everyone does, isn't there another way?

Heyyo,

So are you saying you're looking to install Mac OSX on your PC?

If so? Then yes. You can use iBoot for Snow Leopard or UniBeast for Yosemite.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/

It will install its own boot loader (Chameleon I think it was called?) to select which OS you want to boot to. :)

Heyyo,

My PC Build: https://pcpartpicker.com/b/sNPscf

My Android Phone: Exodus Android on my OnePlus One 64bit in Sandstone Black in a Ringke Fusion clear & slim protective case

Been flirting with the idea of this myself,

Could it be as easy as a new partition then asking to boot the Mac portion from a usb to install?

Cpu : AMD Ryzen 3 1200 (3.8Ghz), Motherboard : Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 - RAM : 8GB DDR4 2933 Team (Vulkan) memory, GPU : MSI GTX 980 4GB Case : Antec P50, Storage : 120GB Samsung SSD, 3TB WD Blue, PSU : 530w Thermaltake SPS-530MPC, Cooling : Artic freezer Pro 7, OS : Windows 10. 

Heyyo,

So are you saying you're looking to install Mac OSX on your PC?

If so? Then yes. You can use iBoot for Snow Leopard or UniBeast for Yosemite.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/

It will install its own boot loader (Chameleon I think it was called?) to select which OS you want to boot to. :)

Yes, I have a Yosemite bootable USB I made in a virtualbox of Mavericks with UniBeast

Been flirting with the idea of this myself,

Could it be as easy as a new partition then asking to boot the Mac portion from a usb to install?

I think so, I have a new partition formatted ready.

I think so, I have a new partition formatted ready.

to be honest just go for it then, worst case you have to format the partition,  maybe use a spare drive if you have one, i have a crappy 80gb barracuda just for test installs , easy to format the whole drive then, no worries with removing the wrong partition. 

Cpu : AMD Ryzen 3 1200 (3.8Ghz), Motherboard : Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 - RAM : 8GB DDR4 2933 Team (Vulkan) memory, GPU : MSI GTX 980 4GB Case : Antec P50, Storage : 120GB Samsung SSD, 3TB WD Blue, PSU : 530w Thermaltake SPS-530MPC, Cooling : Artic freezer Pro 7, OS : Windows 10. 

Pretty sure if you try to install OS X on a drive that already has windows, you will run into many problems. I would recommend just wiping the drive and starting with OS X.