Can you make money from python as a freelancer?

pwnage630

I'm learning python from the website learnpythonthehardway.com and I was just interested if you could make money form python programming as a freelancer on websites such as ODesk or Elance and how much could you make, or if i should just use python as a foundation and learn a different language such as c++.

I would for sure look to use Python as a stepping stone, rather than stay on the same level.

Look to get into more advanced languages (such as mentioned C++), and use that into a future rather than Python.

Current Desktop Build | 2200G | RX 580 4GB | 8GB RAM | CTRL | Logitech G Pro Wireless

Laptop | 2018 MBA 256/16GB | MX Master 

Did a quick search on odesk for Python jobs and it showed 56 pages of results. If you want to become a Python master, you'll probably find work lol

There's nothing wrong with learning multiple languages though.

You can use Fiverr and offer your services.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

Did a quick search on odesk for Python jobs and it showed 56 pages of results. If you want to become a Python master, you'll probably find work lol

There's nothing wrong with learning multiple languages though.

And I'll amend this by suggesting that you do learn multiple languages. Don't limit yourself to just one. I've been a professional engineer for over 10 years (hobbyist before that, and still am one, actually), and trust me, being familiar with more than one language will get you much further. Given you know Python, learn either C# or Java next. Touch on C++ where you can, but I wouldn't put a huge focus on it as it's not in very high demand right now.

Wife's build: Amethyst - Ryzen 9 3900X, 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4-3200, ASUS Prime X570-P, EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 12GB, Corsair Obsidian 750D, Corsair RM1000 (yellow label)

My build: Mira - Ryzen 7 3700X, 32GB EVGA DDR4-3200, ASUS Prime X470-PRO, EVGA RTX 3070 XC3, beQuiet Dark Base 900, EVGA 1000 G6

There's a lot more to development than programming, the language is just a tool; and once you've learned one language, you've basically learned them all.