How many of you have a Blue-ray drive in your PC?

centurion_08

I don't know if it's worth it or not.

I have an Alien Ultimate Edition on blue-ray but im not sure if i wanna but a drive for one thing.

External is the way to go.

Sound: Custom one pros, Audioengine A5+ with S8 sub.

K70 RGB

My brother got me a Blu-ray reader/writer for Christmas, and I must say it is a fantastic upgrade over the cheap external DVD player I used before. (Yes, unlike some, I am forced to use an ODD.) Unless you require the rewriting functionality, then a standard Blu-ray reader can be purchased at a relatively low price. You may be buying it for one specific thing, but it will definitely come in handy later.

Combo drives are relatively cheap. I haven't used an optical drive in years, so I think external would be the way to go should you want to use it with a laptop or anything else you might own.

Need help with the RMA/retail side of things? Feel free to send me a PM, always happy to share my industry experience with others.

I don't know if it's worth it or not.

I have an Alien Ultimate Edition on blue-ray but im not sure if i wanna but a drive for one thing.

I only have a DVD drive and to be honest do not really use it. I have a ps4 and two blu ray players (living room & bedroom) so didn't see the point.

CPU - i7 8700K / Motherboard - ROG Strix Z370 E/ RAM - 32GB Cosair Vengeance DDR / GPU  - GTX 1080ti - EVGA FTW3 / PSU - Seasonic Snow Silent 750W / Cooling - Cryorig H7 Monitor - Acer X34 Predator / Sound - Corsair Void - Case - Meshify C

I've got a DVD burner and a Bluray reader both internal.  I haven't really used it all that much but what I will say is that being able to rip Blurays and store them on a PC or NAS is pretty cool.  I ripped the LOTR series (I own the blurays, don't worry...) and had them streaming to my XBMC PC in the living room and it could read the menus and everything like I had the disk in the living room PC.

I have one bluray menus take too long to navigate so I just rip all the movies.

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

originally my bluray burner was internal but i found it more useful externally so i can you with with my other pcs.

CD Transport: Oppo 105 > RCA: Morrow MA1 / HDMI > Processor: Primare SP33 > RCA: Morrow MA1 > Amplifier: Elektra Theatron 7 > Speaker Cables: Neotech > Speakers: Monitor Audio RS8