Seriously need some help with Skyrim freezing, I'm losing my mind here! :(

I'm tired of this random freezing that occurs anywhere at any time and freezes entirely my PC, I can't play pass an hour... is this normal for modded Skyrim? How's that enjoyable? :( I mean, I know that some CTD and freezing can occur even with vanilla Skyrim, but every hour? The thing is that it freezes completely my PC and all, so I took the GPUs out and cleaned them just in case(even though they didn't have any dust). My game doesn't CTD at all, it's just the freezing, I prefer it would CTD instead... 

I have run other games as well, and I played Skyrim with "Skyrim Performance Monitor", VRAM never pass beyond 2GB and RAM doesn't even reach 2.5GB. I really want to enjoy the game, I don't even have texture overhauls and anything like that. I'm betting is somewhere with my mods, but I've tried moving them, removed a lot of them and still occurs. I don't know what else to do. :(

[Mods & Tools]

Mod Organizer
Skyrim & Save File - Moved Steam out of "Program Files" folder, re-downloaded Skyrim, cleaned masters and it has 0 mods on it.
SKSE & Memory Patch - Confirmed working via memory blocks log.
ENBoost - Using it successfully, meaning I see better VRAM and RAM performance.
Wrye Bash - Currently using it for the bashed patch.

LOOT - I use it, but I bet I have to move some mods myself, I just don't know what mods.
TES5edit - All files were cleaned properly.
Mod List & Load Order - Modwat.ch

[PC Specs]

Res:  1440p

The rest is at my signature.

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p

Try with no mods and see what happens.

Try with no mods and see what happens.

5 hours straight and nothing. :(

Do you use the iwi.ini file? its a preset .ini file, but resolved this issue for me.

I've never read about it. :o

Edit: EWIS skyrim prefs? checking them out now.

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p

5 hours straight and nothing. :(

I've never read about it. :o

Edit: EWIS skyrim prefs? checking them out now.

EWIS yes, sorry i typed it wrong

"I fart in your general direction" -The Frenchmen

Are you OC'ing your videocard? Sounds a lot like a vram temp issue I was having. For me afterburner and enboost together was a bad mix.

Are you OC'ing your videocard? Sounds a lot like a vram temp issue I was having. For me afterburner and enboost together was a bad mix.

Sorry for the late response, was testing. No, my cards are factory, I use afterburner for checking the temps, vram and ram use only.  I have also played without ENBoost and still the same... I think I just have a super bad luck with this game.

@Accursed Entity you might be able to use some features that are in SKSE instead of afterburner (specifically rivatuner for me), it been reported on Reddit to causes some people issues.  I know SKSE has an FPS counter within, think it's activated by pressing the * key.

I'm trying to find an FAQ or list of features that SKSE enables, but I'm not having a lot of luck with the google-fu at the moment (distractions/life).  I don't think there were any temp monitors embedded though.

*the fps counter could be an ENB thing...My brain's a bit more fuddled then usual today.

@Accursed Entity you might be able to use some features that are in SKSE instead of afterburner (specifically rivatuner for me), it been reported on Reddit to causes some people issues.  I know SKSE has an FPS counter within, think it's activated by pressing the * key.

I'm trying to find an FAQ or list of features that SKSE enables, but I'm not having a lot of luck with the google-fu at the moment (distractions/life).  I don't think there were any temp monitors embedded though.

*the fps counter could be an ENB thing...My brain's a bit more fuddled then usual today.

Now that you mention it, I always have afterburner open when I'm playing... I'm going to feel so dumb if that's what causing the freezing on my game. I'm going to try it once I get home and disable afterburner.

@Accursed Entity

Though this may not me the issue you're having check out

(time stamped) for 10 mins or so, or watch the entire thing.  I think it's pretty good info that is relevant to current skyrim (or at least my modded state)

Thank you so much, I will!

Edit: Yeah I saw that video before, that's why I'm using that memory fix, it's awesome really. I can spawn hundreds of guards without any problem. I'm going to delete afterburner now.

Thank you so much, I will!

Edit: Yeah I saw that video before, that's why I'm using that memory fix, it's awesome really. I can spawn hundreds of guards without any problem. I'm going to delete afterburner now.

why delete it?  Just don't let it run at start up and try not running it with skyrim.  May very well not be causing you any grief, especially if you're not using afterburner to change fps or the general function of your GPU.

why delete it?  Just don't let it run at start up and try not running it with skyrim.  May very well not be causing you any grief, especially if you're not using afterburner to change fps or the general function of your GPU.

Because I have EVGA Precision as well anyways. So far I've played for an hour without crashing... I'm not going to jump with joy until I've play some more tomorrow, but I'm optimistic... it seems for now that using afterburner while playing was the cause. Thank you so much!

can you install this mod: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/6491/? And upload a screenshot once you have been running for a bit.

CPU: I5-4690K  GPU: MSI GTX 970 4G  Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 Case: Corsair graphite series 230t SSD: Crucial m500 128GB HDD: 1TB WD GREEN RAM: 8GB Kingston Fury PSU: Corsiar CX600M

@MoonSpot it froze again even without afterburner, I seriously don't know what else to do. :/

can you install this mod: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/6491/? And upload a screenshot once you have been running for a bit.

That mod only worked for me the first time I used it, now it won't, I'm using Mod Organizer. When it worked both the VRAM and RAM where ok I think. :(

Edit: When I say it doesn't work I mean the in-game counters, the graph still works.

Edit 2: Here

wQCdzxU.jpg

Edit 3: I'm deleting absolutely everything and re-downloading Skyrim clean again.

At a loss.  My understanding is you've removed everything and started from scratch.  I would have pointed a finger at it being a load order, bad mod or ugrids issue off the cuff.  Nor am I familiar with the vast majority of the mods that were using listed in your mod watch link.  What is Travel by Arrow?  I can't see it, seems to have been locked by the mod author.

When you use Loot are you using it from within mod organizer?  The odd time I get a popup in MO that overrides the loot order and it's probably the only reason I've got a stable game now with 200 mods on nearly the lowest end rig on this site.

How much of a pain would it be to remove SLI and see how the game acts on 1 GPU?

Maybe try some optimizations that can be made in the name of efficiency and anti bloat http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/12801/?.  This App can also create some mini maps that can help without quality loss (you can of course also get lower quality if you choose)

At a loss.  My understanding is you've removed everything and started from scratch.  I would have pointed a finger at it being a load order, bad mod or ugrids issue off the cuff.  Nor am I familiar with the vast majority of the mods were using listed in your mod watch link.  What is Travel by Arrow?  I can't see it, seems to have been locked by the mod author.

When you use Loot are you using it from within mod organizer?  The odd time I get a popup in MO that overrides the loot order and it's probably the only reason I've got a stable game now with 200 mods on nearly the lowest end rig on this site.

How much of a pain would it be to remove SLI and see how the game acts on 1 GPU?

Maybe try some optimizations that can be made in the name of efficiency and anti bloat http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/12801/?.  This App can also create some mini maps that can help without quality loss (you can of course also get lower quality if you choose)

Travel by Arrow is a spell you can use to travel to where it lands, I have played the game with almost no mods(just SkyUI, SKSE, SkyTweaks) and the game still froze. I'm downloading everything from strach, making sure everything is up to date and following this guide for a clean install.

Yes, I use LOOT and every other program through MO.

I'm sorry I forgot to mention that I did a test with just one card, it not only froze but the FPS drops from time to time unlike when using SLI. I'm going to report tomorrow on how it went with everything(I have a really slow internet connection). :(

Edit: By the way do you have a link for modwatch? I'd like to see your mod list. :)

Travel by Arrow is a spell you can use to travel to where it lands

Actually I was not so subtly pointing out that the mod page seems to have been set to hidden by the author, which begs the question if there's an issue with it.

Yes, I use LOOT and every other program through MO.

I'm sorry I forgot to mention that I did a test with just one card, it not only froze but the FPS drops from time to time unlike when using SLI. I'm going to report tomorrow on how it went with everything(I have a really slow internet connection). :(

Well that's good news.  Does make your issue(s) harder to figure out though.  Back to square 1.

Edit: By the way do you have a link for modwatch? I'd like to see your mod list. :)

No I do not use modwatch.  I feel a bit skittish about the antivirus warning on the d/l page.

And, well...My current play through is that of a raging lesbian succubus who shares Morrigan's(Dragon age origins) agenda of birthing old gods.  So my current mods reflex excessive sexual content and the acquiring of humanized-dragons spunk via the slut shout mod...and a lot of other less wholesome activities.

Suffices to say our Skyrim's are radically different, and it may be a door better left closed for many.  Though now that my skyrim actually has some good looking women in it I feel it balances out a bit how every man in vanilla skyrim is a mr.universe body builder.

However should you still desire to know more, loverslab is out there and some of the stuff there makes me feel/look like a prude.

@MoonSpot it froze again even without afterburner, I seriously don't know what else to do. :/

That mod only worked for me the first time I used it, now it won't, I'm using Mod Organizer. When it worked both the VRAM and RAM where ok I think. :(

Edit: When I say it doesn't work I mean the in-game counters, the graph still works.

Edit 2: Here

wQCdzxU.jpg

Edit 3: I'm deleting absolutely everything and re-downloading Skyrim clean again.

Exuse me for the late reply, i got busy at work :S Anyway it does not seem like the hardware would be the issue. i see that you are totally reinstalling your game. tell me how the game runs after that.

CPU: I5-4690K  GPU: MSI GTX 970 4G  Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 Case: Corsair graphite series 230t SSD: Crucial m500 128GB HDD: 1TB WD GREEN RAM: 8GB Kingston Fury PSU: Corsiar CX600M