Problem Bitfenix Spectre Pro LED Fans

aussietrucker

Hi guys and girls,

So I've got 8x 120mm bitfenix spectre pro fans installed on 2x 480 radiators. I have the fans on each radiator plugged into a 4 way splitter which is connected by both pwm and molex, however I can not seem to be able to control the fans through either bios or AI suite 3. If I disconnect the molex the fans don't run at all. What am I doing wrong????

Do you have a picture of how they are wired? It's abit weird to have molex and 4 pin pwm running into the same fan at the same time

Do you have a picture of how they are wired? It's abit weird to have molex and 4 pin pwm running into the same fan at the same time

Sorry I made an error in the op. The fans are connected into a 4 way splitter which is powered by both molex and pwm  

Sorry I made an error in the op. The fans are connected into a 4 way splitter which is powered by both molex and pwm  

Cable or PCB type? Because alot of the Cable types I've played with didn't really work all that well and essentially just acted like a 12v splitter cable

Cable or PCB type? Because alot of the Cable types I've played with didn't really work all that well and essentially just acted like a 12v splitter cable

yeah its a cable type. I do have pcb ones but they're powered by molex so how do you then connect them to the M/B to get control????

yeah its a cable type. I do have pcb ones but they're powered by molex so how do you then connect them to the M/B to get control????

If your using PCB style connectors that have PWM control you'll either have just a single PWM cable that powers off the motherboard or a Molex/sata power source and a PWM cable that goes to the motherboard. You'll only get PWM feedback from one of the fans and everything hooked up to the PCB will be controller at the same RPM's