NZXT Switch 810 Opinions?

Lumi

Just wondering what opinions you guys have on NZXT's Switch 810. Also Will you need a cable extension to run the 8 pin to the top with most psus?

i want to die

I love the case and the cooling options, the only gripe is the plastic, cheapy feel.

Yeah I watched linuses unboxing and it sounded cheap but it looks very nice. Also will a regular sized 8 pin ATX cable run to the top without an extension?

i want to die

What are you putting in the case? If you are not going for a huge custom liquid cooling setup, I would get a phantom 410 or just the classic phantom. But the biggest motherboard you can use is a Eatx board.

What are you putting in the case? If you are not going for a huge custom liquid cooling setup, I would get a phantom 410 or just the classic phantom. But the biggest motherboard you can use is a Eatx board.

I'm going for a 100i, 8350, 2x 7870's, a LOT of hard dives, Seasonic m12 II 750w, and Asus sabertooth 990

i want to die

I'm going for a 100i, 8350, 2x 7870's, a LOT of hard dives, Seasonic m12 II 750w, and Asus sabertooth 990

I think it would be better just to go with a phantom for it will easily hold all of your gear and more. Also personally, I think it looks plain awesome in most of its colors. However the switch 810 isn't a bad option, but it is more expensive.

I think it would be better just to go with a phantom for it will easily hold all of your gear and more. Also personally, I think it looks plain awesome in most of its colors. However the switch 810 isn't a bad option, but it is more expensive.

I don't like the phantom series and I want a big case like the 810 with all of it's features so I can easily add a custom loop etc in the future.

i want to die

I don't like the phantom series and I want a big case like the 810 with all of it's features so I can easily add a custom loop etc in the future.

Hey, I understand... Cases are hugely personal and I am also very picky when it comes to a chassis. :D The switch 810 is still a awesome case, I just don't like it as much. :D

It comes with an 8pin extension cable. 

i5 3570K - MSI GD65 z77 - 660ti 2gb SLI - Kingston HyperX Blu 8gb (4x2gb) - Corsair H100i - Corsair 500r - Corsair HX 850w - Kingston HyperX 120gb SSD

I own the M12ii 750w and I had quite a lot of trouble running the 8-pin to the topleft of my R4, so you'll probably need an extension

THE signature

Switch 810 from personal experince is(its my server atm, was my fully WC:ed computer 2 months ago)

Pros:

HUGE

Lots of cooling options

Dustfilter all over the place

looks awsome

Good amount of fan mounts

OK cable managment

8-pin sleeved cable extension comes with the case

Price for what you get

Fan hub at the back of the mobo tray

Cons:

Flimsy, even with the HDD cages mounted

Lots of cheap plastic

Cabale management can be a pain to get all of the cables through the bottom cromet becasue of the limited space between the sidepanel and the mobo tray

Dustfilters in the bottom of the case are always in the way when moving it

Thats about it.

Conclusion of my use with the case:

For everyday use, its a great case, lots of fans can be installed with 7 volt regulation making it quiet. Its has loads of options and supports any graphiccard and mobo out there. Feature rich case for the average consumer and great value.

But if you want a solid case that looks clean and has sounddampning then the Define XL R2 is the way to go, its not as WC friendly as the switch 810, but the metal is thicker and the chassi is not as flimsy. Proof of ownership in the pic below!

post-7582-0-33971300-1373109044_thumb.jp

Switch 810 in the foreground, Define XL r2 in the background.

Best regards

// D-tail

Harr, darr and a couple of....... plastic earings?

LTC Wallet: LMiWdifKAN546FjyRspfhmfBWidyRPeEUK