First time overclocker looking for opinons/suggestions on my settings

Please refer to my signature for all my system specifications.

I recently built a X99 gaming PC and I literally followed along with the settings outlined in the Linus Tech Tips video "Ultimate X99 Overclocking Guide".

I have achieved a 4.5GHz overclock with the following settings:

CPU ratio set to 45 for all 6 cores

CPU strap is 100MHz (or was it called BCLK?)

CPU Voltage set manually to 1.300V

XMP profile turned on to the 2400MHz setting

Every other setting was left on Auto

When I run AIDA64 my CPU temps hoover around 62C.

Does this seem like the proper settings/temps?

Thank you for any and all opinions!

Main Rig - i7 5930K // Corsair H100i // ASUS X99 Deluxe // Corsair Vengeance 16GB // Samsung 850 EVO SSD 250GB + 1TB // MSI RTX 2080 Gaming X Trio // Corsair Obsidian 550D // Corsair HX850 // Acer Predator 1440p // Windows 10 x64

Those temps sound great! Well done.

I wouldn't be afraid to push further depending on the voltage I got if I were you.

Sig under construction.

Sounds very good actually.

Just be sure to run some more tests when you are at the desired speed. Fire up some demanding games. You already ran AIDA 64, so that's good.

Maybe start a youtube video, and copy some files, and play at the same time. Stress your system with realistic loads and see how it does. Sometimes you can run benchmarks for hours, and after 10 minutes in a game it crashes. ;-)

Temps are awsome by the way. Don't touch BCLK unless you have to. I always try to go multiplier only. Better for overall system stability.

PC: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @4.2HGhz 1.25V || Noctua NH-U12S SE2 || 16GB (2×8GB) Aegis 3000Mhz CL16 @3200Mhz || 
|| Sapphire Pulse RX 6700 10G || MSI B450i Gaming PLUS MAX Wifi
  || Kingston NV1 2TB m.2 ||  Corsair SF600 || Intertech IM 1 |||
Peripherals: Sennheiser PC  360 G4ME || AOC CQ27G2U || Viewsonic PX701HD || Keychron V1 || Logitech G303 Shroud Edition||| Laptop: XPS 13 2in1 7390 || Steam Deck 256 GB (64GB Version) ||| Cameras: Fujifilm XH-1 || Fujifilm X100T

Elite 110 build log (update:05/15/2018)

1.35v is max safe voltage for Haswel/Haswell-E CPU's anything more and you need to have a pretty nice AIO or Custom loop for just the CPU.

|King Of The Lost|
Project Dark: i7 7820x 5.1GHz | X299 Dark | Trident Z 32GB 3200MHz | GTX 1080Ti Hybrid | Corsair 760t | 1TB Samsung 860 Pro | EVGA Supernova G2 850w | H110i GTX
Lava: i9 12900k 5.1GHz (Undervolted to 1.26v)| MSI z690 Pro DDR4| Dominator Platnium 32GB 3800MHz| Power Color Red Devil RX 6950 XT| Seasonic Focus Platnium 850w| NZXT Kraken Z53
Unholy Rampage: i7 5930k 4.7GHz 4.4 Ring| X99 
Rampage|Ripjaws IV 16GB 2800 CL13| GTX 1080 Strix(Custom XOC Signed BIOS) | Seasonic Focus Platinum 850w |H100i v2 
Revenge of 775: Pentium 641 | Biostar TPower i45| Crucial Tracer 1066 DDR2 | GTX 580 Classified Ultra | EVGA 650 BQ | Noctua NH D14

You try manually dialing in RAM timings. Just to experiment and see what works. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Those temps sound great! Well done.

I wouldn't be afraid to push further depending on the voltage I got if I were you.

Thank you! I may just keep the settings as is for right now and run with a 4.5GHz OC. I'm not looking to fully, 100%, get every last inch of OCability out of this CPU, just a nice stable, every day usage OC.

Sounds very good actually.

Just be sure to run some more tests when you are at the desired speed. Fire up some demanding games. You already ran AIDA 64, so that's good.

Maybe start a youtube video, and copy some files, and play at the same time. Stress your system with realistic loads and see how it does. Sometimes you can run benchmarks for hours, and after 10 minutes in a game it crashes. ;-)

Temps are awsome by the way. Don't touch BCLK unless you have to. I always try to go multiplier only. Better for overall system stability.

This is very good advice, thank you. I will try some more "true to life" benchmarking this evening.

1.35v is max safe voltage for Haswel/Haswell-E CPU's anything more and you need to have a pretty nice AIO or Custom loop for just the CPU.

This is good to know, I was actually wondering this myself.

You try manually dialing in RAM timings. Just to experiment and see what works. 

I have no idea what this means? Sorry, like I stated, I'm very new to this. As mentioned above, I'm more looking for a stable, every day use type OC. Are the RAM timings for more advanced/max to the limit type OCing?

Main Rig - i7 5930K // Corsair H100i // ASUS X99 Deluxe // Corsair Vengeance 16GB // Samsung 850 EVO SSD 250GB + 1TB // MSI RTX 2080 Gaming X Trio // Corsair Obsidian 550D // Corsair HX850 // Acer Predator 1440p // Windows 10 x64

-snip

manually dialing ram timings is when you play around with the RAM, kinda like overclocking.

Not really worth it though to spend too much time on it. You won't see any great benefits there. If you REALLY have time....get into it.

Usually you get better timings with lower clock speed and worse timings with higher clock speed. Both combined give you the latency of your RAM and therefore the actual speed.

Getting RAM stable at high clock speeds often makes people dial down the timings and that makes the overclock useless.....

Don't bother too much.

PC: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @4.2HGhz 1.25V || Noctua NH-U12S SE2 || 16GB (2×8GB) Aegis 3000Mhz CL16 @3200Mhz || 
|| Sapphire Pulse RX 6700 10G || MSI B450i Gaming PLUS MAX Wifi
  || Kingston NV1 2TB m.2 ||  Corsair SF600 || Intertech IM 1 |||
Peripherals: Sennheiser PC  360 G4ME || AOC CQ27G2U || Viewsonic PX701HD || Keychron V1 || Logitech G303 Shroud Edition||| Laptop: XPS 13 2in1 7390 || Steam Deck 256 GB (64GB Version) ||| Cameras: Fujifilm XH-1 || Fujifilm X100T

Elite 110 build log (update:05/15/2018)