Car tablet mount. Shield or Nexus 9? Direct sunlight viewing?

What id like to know mostly is how these tablet screens look in full sunlight? Is one particularly better than the other? Its very sunny here in Straya and i don't want to buy a tablet if i wont be able to see the screen mounted to the dash in my car.

So I planned this out a while back and had settled on a nexus 9. I have just found a barely used one for $620. (Aus $720rrp) 32gb and LTE for GPS and stuff.

I wanted a %100 wire free setup to easily get it in&out of the car with Bluetooth audio streaming to my stereo sound processor, Wifi OBDII interface to the cars computer & a QI Wireless charging pad on the tablet mount. Would automate automatic unlocking, music playback, apps and stuff using the 'Tasker' app triggered from the wireless charging hooked up to car ignition.

HOWEVER! I reevaluated the market and the Shield Tablet is very convincing.

Main Disadvantages:

Wireless charging - meaning completely wireless setup will now have 1 charging wire to plug in. :( This also means automation will work from USB power meaning disabling/enabling that event sequence whenever i switch charging from home/car. Can Qi charging be hacked into the shield?!?!

Smaller screen - & less square but still good enough for the application.

Less resolution - unfortunate but it still looks good right?

Main Benefits:

Micro SD slot - Was the biggest disappointment with the nexus, a definite +.

Cheaper new - $540 is the best iv been able to find shipped from NCIX & comes with free controller, case & some games.

Game streaming - While I doubt my home network can handle wireless streaming, I'm looking forward to giving console mode a go with my GTX780

Having difficulty deciding, any other suggestions for android tablet car installs?

Aussie FTW!
4770k, H60, GTX 780, G1 Sniper 5, Samsung EVO 250GB, Seagate 2TB, Vengance Pro RAM 2133mhz 8GB, Silverstone Strider 850w
The Monolith Desk - build log incomplete.