Moving to a small form factor case

Hey Guys,

So I just moved house and I dont have quite as much room as I use to, so I was looking to do some small upgrades to my rig and the biggest change would be moving into a small form factor case.

My rig at the moment:

• Radeon HD6870
  • i7 950 LGA1366
  • Asus P6X58D-E Motherboard
  • 4x 6Gb G. Skill Ripjaws 1600Mhz Ram
  • 2x 1080p 60Hz monitors

So I'm looking to upgrade the graphics card to a R9 290x, but its a little worrying in a small form factor case with the heat output, I will be getting another 1080p monitor as well, but ill only be gaming on one monitor at a time.

As for cases my ideal one would be a Bitfenix Prodigy, but they obviously take a MATX board. So any other suggestions for the case and graphics card would be great. I'm willing to change the board but would prefer not to.

Thanks,

The prodigy is compatible with mini-itx motherboards. It should also offer enough airflow for a 290x.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Cool thanks for the replies,

What do you think would be more suitable, the Prodigy or the 380t?

Cool thanks for the replies,

What do you think would be more suitable, the Prodigy or the 380t?

Just choose the one you like best, they're basically the same. The 380T has more cooling vents while the Prodigy looks more elegant and comes in more colours

OK, two downsides to both Prodigy cases.

1) The Prodigy M is a pain in the ass to build in. You better make sure everything is perfect the first time, otherwise it's not going to be an enjoyable process. No cable management either.

2) The Prodigy ITX is big and bulky, and there's next to no cable management room. ITX offers no room for expansion, that's the mistake I made with my Prodigy.

If you want a case similar that supports mATX, I highly suggest you check out the Aerocool Dead Silence series. They look similar to a Bitfenix Phenom, with the layout on the inside is being the same except the tray is slightly longer to accomodate an mATX motherboard. Go have a look at it.

I've built in several Prodigy M cases and I used to own a Prodigy ITX build.

Need help with the RMA/retail side of things? Feel free to send me a PM, always happy to share my industry experience with others.