arma 3 PC upgrade

Kramal6

Hey there

I've recently been playing a lot of arma 3 overpoch with my friends, but now I want to be able to crank up the graphics. I've got a 2gb 770 and an i5-4670 and playing on a 1080p144hz monitor. I've read that arma3 uses physx but mainly on the CPU. So my question is which piece of hardware I should upgrade and to what ?

Hey there

I've recently been playing a lot of arma 3 overpoch with my friends, but now I want to be able to crank up the graphics. I've got a 2gb 770 and an i5-4670 and playing on a 1080p144hz monitor. I've read that arma3 uses physx but mainly on the CPU. So my question is which piece of hardware I should upgrade and to what ?

Uhh, what settings do you normally play on in Arma 3?

Å mix between standard and high

I have a gtx 770 2gb and a 4690k @ 4.3 ghz and I play on some things high but the rest is ultra 0__0

Hmmm it might be the cPu then.. mine is a non k running at stock

Also have the 2GB 770, Xeon 1230v3 and play it at ultra @60fpsish how much FPS do you have ?

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

Hey there

This is also dependent on how well the server owner has done his custom coding or add on coding. so it will very from server to server even if they are similar game types (i.e. Wasteland, Epoch, KotH)

arma 3 is a not gpu intensive game so it depends on cpu like minecraft

Yeah I've noticed that different servers vary in terms of fps, I'm at around 40-50 on the most though

Yeah I've noticed that different servers vary in terms of fps, I'm at around 40-50 on the most though

Yeah, just like with Arma 2. You will definitely know when you log in and find a bad one. 

Your CPU will be the limiting factor here, unfortunately there's nothing you can really upgrade to. The reason the game runs so poorly is because it is terribly multithreaded. It uses like one core for the game and one for audio.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|