All hail USB TYPE C!

brownix

Since the dawn of personal devices there has been a struggle of power. Which power connector will be needed for which devices? How many ports would be required to power it all? Which charges fastest? This divide has been a struggle on mankind as it separated everyone from every other proprietary standard. It has also been known for a long time the USB has been a standard and helped pave a way for a united input. Now we have shall lament no more. For the USB C has arisen. The Champion to rule them all. The most versatile, powerful and elegant of all the USB. For it has both data and power! Forget the days of proprietary chargers for notebooks and such devices. The future is a united one where one cable can power all the devices. One friend to another a connected, balanced and together future. I for one welcome our new USB C overlord. And the day all others are erased will not be a sad day. It will be a Glorious one!

*First world problems

**For compatibility and times when new standards don't work we will always need one usb 2 for the foreseeable future.

A bit weird...but okay.

I'm looking forward to trying it out. :)

I really doubt anything will ever be universal for everything with the way companies like to market things. I'd love it though if it did happen

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

I really doubt anything will ever be universal for everything with the way companies like to market things. I'd love it though if it did happen

If they can make a 3.1 type A, then USB is gonna spell doom for a loooot of competing stuff out there. The only thing it's not going to immediately kill is Thunderbolt, but that's a direct-to-system-bus connection that if accessed by a malicious peripheral could just wreak all kinds of havoc for the computer. It's basically the same as Firewire. Thunderbolt is good for use in monitors and extremely high-throughput applications because there's not as much overhead left over for protocols like in USB, along with having a doubling of bandwidth.

But USB C is going to be the new bestest general-purpose connector... ever.