PS3 external hdd what is the best software to convert NTFS to FAT32

Go to solution Solved by Michael McAllister,

I use GUI Format.

guiformat.png

I upgraded my fat model ps3 60g to a 320g a while ago but now wanting to upgrade it to a 500g or 750g but now I have to back up my 320g so I have a 320g WD Notebook external hdd but it is not formatted to FAT32 so my ps3 won't see it tried to format it on my pc but it says the source is to big?  I just found out that windows only will format 32g so I need a 3rd party software to format the whole 320g drive. I have found a couple of different software programs but would like  the feed back of the community to see which is the best.  

Aomei is one I see alot? 

I recently upgraded my PS3 Slim to a 1TB Western Digital Scorpio Blue (part number: WD10JPVT - can be found on NCIX). In my research I found this tool: www.­ridgecrop.­demon.­co.­uk/­guiformat.­htm . Worked flawlessly, and didn't need to change any settings; it auto detected the allocation unit size.

I recently upgraded my PS3 Slim to a 1TB Western Digital Scorpio Blue (part number: WD10JPVT - can be found on NCIX). In my research I found this tool: www.­ridgecrop.­demon.­co.­uk/­guiformat.­htm . Worked flawlessly, and didn't need to change any settings; it auto detected the allocation unit size.

i heard the latest update to ps3 has bricked the devices running custom hdd's (it wont go past xmb loading screen) did it happened to you ?

i also see people running ssd's with their ps3 interesting...

also you im running my 320gig external hdd as fat32 ,weird... you can try minitool partition wizard home which is free i have been using it for past few years now

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

i heard the latest update to ps3 has bricked the devices running custom hdd's (it wont go past xmb loading screen) did it happened to you ?

i also see people running ssd's with their ps3 interesting...

also you im running my 320gig external hdd as fat32 ,weird... you can try minitool partition wizard home which is free i have been using it for past few years now

Hasn't bricked my PS3, just the other day I downloaded Battlefield 3 from the PS Store ( free for PS Plus subscribers right now by the way). No issues at all, everything is fine.

Thanks for all the info guys and @Michael I can format 4gigs no problem with windows 7 but I needed to format 320gigs, I'm going to try some of the programs listed here and see which is best for me.  @ Levent I was going to upgrade to and SSD but after looking at the reviews, you wouldn't get much performance boost unless you download a lot of games, which I don't, I use my local game stop lol, So just upgraded to a 7200rpm, Plus SSD's I know have come down in price but not that much to put in my game console.

You can covert large drives to FAT32 with that program.  Not limited to 4 GB.

My PC specifications are in my profile.

Thanks again guys and to Michael your right I'm sorry I should have visited the site before I commented. Thanks again for all your help going to do my upgrade this weekend and I'll let you know how it went