USB C

With the new Macbook having USB C and some Chromebooks having it how long until we start seeing peripherals that can use it and motherboard where it will be standard? I get that no one know exactly but what are you guys expecting or hoping for.

With the new Macbook having USB C and some Chromebooks having it how long until we start seeing peripherals that can use it and motherboard where it will be standard? I get that no one know exactly but what are you guys expecting or hoping for.

There are barely nay (if any) PC motherboards with USB C on it..

I'll give it 3 years till there's stuff with it

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Hopefully by next year most producers will include at least one or two ports in motherboards and laptops, however I don't think it will be as common as usb 2.0 for another 4-5 years.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

A lot of companies follow Apple. Now that they are putting USB-C into their Macbooks, we will definitely see a burst in USB-C products. Next generation of phones will probably have USB Type-C as well

A lot of companies follow Apple. Now that they are putting USB-C into their Macbooks, we will definitely see a burst in USB-C products. Next generation of phones will probably have USB Type-C as well

I hope they don't follow apple when it comes to the NUMBER of those ports  <_<

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Take into consideration that USB3.0 is not the standard slot for the vast amount of peripherals even though it has been around for some time :) I would expect USB Type-C (if ever) to become widely spread in several years after larger companies see how it performs on the MacBook and what potential challenges, issues and applications it has. :) 2020 seems like a reasonable year for mass usage of this. Just my opinion.

Captain_WD.

If this helped you, like and choose it as best answer - you might help someone else with the same issue. ^_^
WDC Representative, http://www.wdc.com/ 

There are alot of devices on the USB1.0+2.0+3.0 Standard.

I expect this to be a more of a Sata Express type port. Only a couple on the Mobo and not full on going to replace < USB 3.0

I hope they don't follow apple when it comes to the NUMBER of those ports  <_<

Oh god. I hope in the future I'd still be able to use my laptop with a mouse while charging it.

Oh god. I hope in the future I'd still be able to use my laptop with a mouse while charging it.

You can just with an $80 adapter to go with your $1200 laptop lol