help me build a ~1500 $ gaming pc please

Go to solution Solved by Imakuni,

Ok thanks guys ! AndVolkA I'm from canada

May your PC serve you for half a decade.

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($285.70 @ DirectCanada) 
Motherboard: Asus Z97-E ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($146.99 @ NCIX) 
Memory: A-Data XPG V1.0 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($78.98 @ DirectCanada) 
Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 970 4GB STRIX Video Card  ($414.50 @ Amazon Canada) 
Case: NZXT S340 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($84.99 @ Newegg Canada) 
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit)  ($99.98 @ DirectCanada) 
Total: $1373.84
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-03-13 11:27 EDT-0400

Hi I will soon build a 1500$ gaming PC but I know nothing in pc so could you , kind people , tell me what would be the best?

Hi I will soon build a 1500$ gaming PC but I know nothing in pc so could you , kind people , tell me what would be the best?

Where are you from, location? Giving all these information will make it easier for the rest to help you.

Spoiler

[CPU] i5-4690K @ 4.5GHz with NZXT Kraken X61 [MOBO] Asus Z97-AR [Memory] HyperX Fury 32GB DDR3-1600 [Storage] Samsung 840 EVO 500GB & WD 1TB Black & Hitachi 1TB [GPU] Gigabyte GTX 1080 8GB Xtreme Gaming [Case] Corsair Air 540 [PSU] Cooler Master V1000 [Case Fan] Corsair SP140 LED Fan x 3 & SP120 LED Fan x 3 [Display] Main: Philips 31.5" FULL HD IPS | Side: Philips 28" 4K UHD [Keyboard] Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Stealth Edition [Mouse] Razer Ouroboros [Mouse Pad] Razer Firefly [Sound] BOSE Companion 5 Multimedia Speaker System

Check this thread first and answer the questions in a new post. Can't help you much if we have to ask you 20 questions first. 

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/

"Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Assuming you are in the US of A and hoping this does not include the keyboard, mouse and monitor, here is what I think:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Zb8NTW

It would be $100 over, but it would be really good. I recommend you watch a lot of videos by people like LinusTechTips and Newegg as they are normally very good and start researching on how to build a PC, what everything does, what is needed, etc. 

If your budget is including a mouse, keyboard and monitor, tell me and I'll make some changed.

Also @deathsun117, please follow your post so you see when we make replies. 

Assuming you are in the US of A and hoping this does not include the keyboard, mouse and monitor, here is what I think:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Zb8NTW

It would be $100 over, but it would be really good. I recommend you watch a lot of videos by people like LinusTechTips and Newegg as they are normally very good and start researching on how to build a PC, what everything does, what is needed, etc. 

If your budget is including a mouse, keyboard and monitor, tell me and I'll make some changed.

Also @deathsun117, please follow your post so you see when we make replies. 

*200$ over, if you don't include the prices for MIR.

Change the CPU cooler to the Hyper 212, the SSD to a 128gb, the HD to 1TB and the case to anything that doesn't cost that stupid amount of money, and we should be able to get a nice price. If needed, also change the GPUs to the Asus Strix and the PSU to a 500w one.

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

Ok thanks guys ! AndVolkA I'm from canada

May your PC serve you for half a decade.

Motherboard: Asus Z97-E ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($146.99 @ NCIX) 
Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 970 4GB STRIX Video Card  ($414.50 @ Amazon Canada) 
Case: NZXT S340 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($84.99 @ Newegg Canada) 
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit)  ($99.98 @ DirectCanada) 
Total: $1373.84
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-03-13 11:27 EDT-0400

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

PCPartPicker part list: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/Fs3T3C

Motherboard: Asus Z97-A ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($164.99 @ DirectCanada) 

Storage: Crucial MX100 512GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($239.99 @ Memory Express) 

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($58.98 @ DirectCanada) 

Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 970 4GB ACX 2.0 Video Card  ($418.95 @ Vuugo) 

Power Supply: Silverstone Strider Gold S 850W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($169.99 @ Memory Express) 

Total: $1417.58

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-03-13 13:11 EDT-0400

Gives you upgradability, and I left you a budget of about $100 for a case because thats personal taste.

Is it bad that my dream setup only costs a few thousand not counting the obutto?

CPU: FX-8320

Motherboard: asrock 970Pro3 r2.0

Memory: Team Zeus Blue 8GB DDR3-1600 Memory 

Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 280 3GB DUAL-X Video Card 

Case: Deepcool TESSERACT BF ATX Mid Tower Case  

Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply  

SSD: MX100 128GB

HDD: WD 2TB black edition

Here ya go.

PCPartPicker part list: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/sdPrhM

CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock 3 113.8 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing CPU Cooler  ($79.99 @ NCIX) 
Motherboard: MSI Z97-GAMING 5 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($183.51 @ DirectCanada) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($95.98 @ Newegg Canada) 
Storage: Intel 530 Series 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($148.98 @ DirectCanada) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($58.98 @ DirectCanada) 
Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 290X 4GB WINDFORCE Video Card  ($359.99 @ NCIX) 
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($94.99 @ Memory Express) 
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - 64-bit (OEM) (64-bit)  ($132.00 @ shopRBC) 
Total: $1440.12
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-03-13 11:58 EDT-0400

I didn't pick out a case because everyone has there own tastes.

I went with the R9 290x because it actually has 4GB of VRAM. :P no seriously, I went for it because I think it will give you great gaming performance for the price. But I guess if you wanted to you could go with the 970. But I wouldn't.

Gave you 250GB SSD and a 1TB drive. I have used both in builds, never had an issue.

I guess you could get rid of the CPU cooler, and go with stock. But you will be able to do a better overclock with the cooler. And there is no point in getting a K proccessor, and good overclocking MB if you aren't going to overclock.

Honestly, bad build. Has no room for a dual gpu upgrade, higher power consumption, heat problems, lacks a case... and it´s even more expensive than mine?

Bro, how did you do that?

Honestly, bad build. Has no room for a dual gpu upgrade, higher power consumption, heat problems, lacks a case... and it´s even more expensive than mine?

I said, a case is a personal thing. So I left room for him to pick his own case. True, there isn't room for dual GPU without upgrading the PSU. I mean't to throw a better PSU in. 

Let me revise it. I see your point.

Is it bad that my dream setup only costs a few thousand not counting the obutto?

Better?

Power Supply: Silverstone Strider Gold S 850W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($169.99 @ Memory Express) 

Left room for him to pick his case. And fit a 512gb SSD in.

Better?

Left room for him to pick his case. And fit a 512gb SSD in.

Better, but still not ideal (imo). Totally overkill PSU. And, as you mentioned yourself, overkill SSD. 

Better, but still not ideal (imo). Totally overkill PSU. And, as you mentioned yourself, overkill SSD. 

There is no such thing as overkill. Unless its unbalanced.

Soo is it unbalanced, or is it just "overkill" in your opinion? Simply asking because I would like to know how other people pick parts.

There is no such thing as overkill. Unless its unbalanced.

Soo is it unbalanced, or is it just "overkill" in your opinion? Simply asking because I would like to know how other people pick parts.

When talking about PSU, going overkill is ACTUALLY bad. By going with too high of a wattage, you start leaving the optimal point for operation, and as a result, efficiency decreases, increasing your power bill. And trust me, 850w is overkill for 2 Gtx 970s, let alone for a single. 

When talking about PSU, going overkill is ACTUALLY bad. By going with too high of a wattage, you start leaving the optimal point for operation, and as a result, efficiency decreases, increasing your power bill. And trust me, 850w is overkill for 2 Gtx 970s, let alone for a single. 

Makes sense. Okay well screw the 850watt PSU.

Thanks everyone!!!! And imakumi is the case you mentionned necessary or i cn pick another one ? ( since i dont really like it's style )

Thanks everyone!!!! And imakumi is the case you mentionned necessary or i cn pick another one ? ( since i dont really like it's style )

Well, I picked that one because the majority of the people like it's taste, so it's easier to please people.

But if you'd like, of course you can get another one! We can also match the build to have a particular color theme, if you desire so as well.

Oh noo i just want another case i'll find it by myself. thanks alot!!!