Watch Dogs Crashing: I know.. dis shiz is old

dasr1985

Ok, with my new rig up and running I wanted to see how it would perform with some fairly demanding games.

First off: SYSTEM!

Intel i7 5930k @ 4.6 Ghz

EVGA Classified X99 Mobo

(X2) Asus GTX 980 'STRIX" in SLI

32 Gb G-Skills Series 4  @ 2666 Mhz

250 Gb Samsung 850 pro

1 TB Samsung 850 pro

1 TB Western Digital Cav Black

EVGA 1200 Watt pwr sply

Define XL R2 Silver

Monitor: Dell U2715H (2560 X 1440)

Ok, with that out of the way here is the problem.  Every single game I have installed on my system is running great...except for Watch Dogs.  I started it up last night and was able to get to the menu.  Upon reaching the menu I cranked everything up to the highest setting and then restarted the game.  It starts up to the opening screen with all the "digital hacking" particles and then the screen goes black.  Following the black screen I get a slightly dimmed display and then a windows dialog box letting me know that Watch Dogs has crashed, with the selections to "debug" or "close program". 

I have tried uninstalling the game, and then installing it again.  I've also tried it with no overclock, and I've even loaded it onto a different HDD.  Right now all my games are on the 1TB Samsung SSD, and they all perform just fine.

Any ideas guys?  I did a quick search in different forums today but I was limited on time so it's very possible I've missed something out there.

-snip-

Watch_Dogs doesn't run well on any PC system.

EDIT: It could be some inconsistency with SLI, try turning it off and report back.

Edited by Prastupok

The projects never end in my line of work.

CPU: Dual Xeon E5-2650v2 || GPU: Dual Quadro K5000 || Motherboard: Asus Z9PE-D8 || RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengeance || Monitors: Dual LG 34UM95, NEC MultiSync EA244UHD || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 Pro 256GB in Raid 0, 6x WD Re 4TB in Raid 1 || Sound: Xonar Essense STX (Mainly for Troubleshooting and listening test) || PSU: Corsair Ax1500i

CPU: Core i7 5820k @ 4.7GHz || GPU: Dual Titan X || Motherboard: Asus X99 Deluxe || RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport || Monitors: MX299Q, 29UB65, LG 34UM95 || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB in Raid 0, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, 2TB Toshiba scratch disk, 3TB Seagate Barracuda || PSU: EVGA 1000w PS Platinum

I wish I was at home, I'll give that a try tonight when I get home from work.  That is the one basic thing I didn't try.