Wait for freesync monitors or buy a 144hz monitor now?

wako7654

As title suggests

Should i wait for freesync monitors or buy a 144hz monitor now?

Wait. 

We all need a daily check-up from the neck up to avoid stinkin' thinkin' which ultimately leads to the hardening of attitudes. - Zig Ziglar

The sad fact about atheists is that they stand for nothing while standing against things that have brought much good to the world. Now ain't that sad. - Anonymous

Replace fear with faith and fear will disappear. - Billy Cox  ......................................Also, Legalism, Education-bred Arrogance and Hubris-based Assumption are BULLSHIT.

well even if I try I can't see screen tearing at 144 hz / 144+ fps. I don't think Gsync or freesync is really necessary for anything above 90 ish and I certainly wouldn't pay 50-100$ for gsync.

Yea, just jumped in-game, turned vsync on / off looking left & right at a building's corner looking for those tears. They are insanely short and impossible to notice if you don't dedicated your entire focus on that.

Adaptive sync really isn't necessary when playing on high refresh rate.

Don't know how long you plan to wait but it's ultimately your choice and what you value. I personally think time spent with 144 hz > free sync (if you've got the FPS to back it up).

Game: L4D2 running at 300 FPS (limit)

Hardware: 4790k @ 4.6 GHz w/ H100i - MSI GTX 970 - Define R5 - MSI Z97 PC Mate - 840 EVO - G.Skill 2x4 GB

Peripherals: G402 - ATH-AD700x - Asus VG248QE 144 hz

well even if I try I can't see screen tearing at 144 hz / 144+ fps. I don't think Gsync or freesync is really necessary for anything above 90 ish and I certainly wouldn't pay 50-100$ for gsync.

Yea, just jumped in-game, turned vsync on / off looking left & right at a building's corner looking for those tears. They are insanely short and impossible to notice if you don't dedicated your entire focus on that.

Adaptive sync really isn't necessary when playing on high refresh rate.

Don't know how long you plan to wait but it's ultimately your choice and what you value. I personally think time spent with 144 hz > free sync (if you've got the FPS to back it up).

Game: L4D2 running at 300 FPS (limit)

That's a pretty good point. Thanks. :)