Streaming PC game-play with a Capture Card (Random Quesiton)

MulleyUK
Go to solution Solved by MrRavens,

Note this is being tested with my laptop. Don't feel like going on my desktop haha.

i5-3230M

12GB of RAM

GTX 740M

Lighter game:

Sine Mora  [No really difference in performance. Probably because I had a lot of head room

Had some black side bars with the avermedia capture card on the left and right. Probably can be adjusted however.

Heavier game on my CPU: (modded map in Killing floor with 10+ players) [stream kinda freezes every now and again, audio is playing fine though

This could also be because OBS is going to have some more updates for avermedia, since it doesn't work really well yet.

Overall, the performance seems to be the same. But that could still be because my CPU still wasn't capped for me. I see more FPS gains when just "recording" videos

with it, instead of streaming. But there are benefits to streaming if you want, let's say, a high quality one. The capture card can take some of that hit for you, it just doesn't work perfectly with OBS yet.

Should have told you to check out the stream while I was doing this haha. Too late now.

I was considering buying an Avermedia HD Lite to stream my PS4 game-play seen as though the stream functions on the PS4 are very limited.

I was also considering using the Capture card to stream my PC game-play.

The plan is to run a HDMI from my GPU into the Capture Card and then a HDMI Out to my monitor.

Would it potentially take some of the stress off of my CPU therefore improving my FPS whilst streaming?

Or is it just as good to use a Game Capture in OBS?

Any help would be great,

Thanks in advance. 

Avermedia HD Lite: http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00GLPYA1I/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_2?pf_rd_p=569136327&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B007SRYAPO&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_r=1B4E5KN9BKBG7E5BY1DP

Lemme try that out for you. I have a liver gamer portable that I use from time to time.

- Fresher than a fruit salad.

Lemme try that out for you. I have a liver gamer portable that I use from time to time.

That would be great! 

Let me know what results you come up with...

Note this is being tested with my laptop. Don't feel like going on my desktop haha.

i5-3230M

12GB of RAM

GTX 740M

Lighter game:

Sine Mora  [No really difference in performance. Probably because I had a lot of head room

Had some black side bars with the avermedia capture card on the left and right. Probably can be adjusted however.

Heavier game on my CPU: (modded map in Killing floor with 10+ players) [stream kinda freezes every now and again, audio is playing fine though

This could also be because OBS is going to have some more updates for avermedia, since it doesn't work really well yet.

Overall, the performance seems to be the same. But that could still be because my CPU still wasn't capped for me. I see more FPS gains when just "recording" videos

with it, instead of streaming. But there are benefits to streaming if you want, let's say, a high quality one. The capture card can take some of that hit for you, it just doesn't work perfectly with OBS yet.

Should have told you to check out the stream while I was doing this haha. Too late now.

i5-3230M

12GB of RAM

GTX 740M

Lighter game:

Ok I think I will stick with just using a Game Capture in OBS & look to upgrade my CPU at a later date.

Thanks a lot for the help it is really appreciated...

Ok I think I will stick with just using a Game Capture in OBS & look to upgrade my CPU at a later date.

Thanks a lot for the help it is really appreciated...

No problem man, glad I could help. ;D