Refresh rate on games.

PassionFruit
Go to solution Solved by leelaa14,

I do have the refresh rate correct on the windows settings, I cannot see that setting on the Control Panel. 

Now the OSD show 76Hz 1280 by 960 so I'm not very sure if it is even correct at any point. I can definitely feel the difference from the beginning though.

On the cs go main menu turn v-sync on and see what the max frame rate goes to. If it goes to 73 then you know the refresh rate is working :)

Hello, it's been a while.

I just overclocked my monitor to 76 Hz. Now how can I be sure that my games, such as CS:GO, are running in this refresh rate? I did the launch command "-refreshrate 76" but I cannot say for sure if the game is running on that amount of Hz. 

I know games like BF3 have the refresh rate shown in the settings menu but how do I clarify this in CS?

Thank you.

Potatoes are good for your nostrils.

I just overclocked my monitor to 76 Hz. Now how can I be sure that my games, such as CS:GO, are running in this refresh rate? I did the launch command "-refreshrate 76" but I'm cannot say for sure if the game is running on that amount of Hz. 

I know games like BF3 have the refresh rate shown in the settings menu but how do I clarify this in CS?

Thank you.

In BF3/BF4, you can check by putting in the command ~ perfoverlay.drawfps 1

My arsenal: i7-9700k Gaming Rig, an iPhone, and Stupidity.

If you're using v-sync I guess and the built in steam FPS overlay that could work. 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

on your csgo launch options type -freq 76 and BF4 has the option to change it in the settings not sure about other any games 

In BF3/BF4, you can check by putting in the command ~ perfoverlay.drawfps 1

You really did not read the post.

You really did not read the post.

I read it fine and well. I dont know how to in CS and it seemed as if you didnt know how to in the BF games, as the settings menu doesnt show current framerate.

You would see tearing if the game were running unsynced with you refreshrate.

My Gaming PC

|| CPU: Intel i5 4690@4.3Ghz || GPU: Dual ASUS gtx 1080 Strix. || RAM: 16gb (4x4gb) Kingston HyperX Genesis 1600Mhz. || Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait edition. || OS: Win10 Pro

Trust me, Im an Engineer

If you're using v-sync I guess and the built in steam FPS overlay that could work. 

Shadowplay's overlay showed a 60 but v-sync could just put the refresh rate on 60.

I read it fine and well. I dont know how to in CS and it seemed as if you didnt know how to in the BF games, as the settings menu doesnt show current framerate.

I'm asking for a way to see the refresh rate, not the fps.

Shadowplay's overlay showed a 60 but v-sync could just put the refresh rate on 60.

I thought v-sync matched up to what your display's maximum refresh rate is, I could be wrong as it could be increments of 30FPS, don't really use V-sync at all that's why I have no idea...

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

I dont think you can, Apart from using your own eyes.

My Gaming PC

|| CPU: Intel i5 4690@4.3Ghz || GPU: Dual ASUS gtx 1080 Strix. || RAM: 16gb (4x4gb) Kingston HyperX Genesis 1600Mhz. || Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait edition. || OS: Win10 Pro

Trust me, Im an Engineer

Are they not the same thing? When it comes down to it, the FPS is what determines the refresh rate.

I thought v-sync matched up to what your display's maximum refresh rate is, I could be wrong as it could be increments of 30FPS, don't really use V-sync at all that's why I have no idea...

Yeah I never use it either.

I dont think you can, Apart from using your own eyes.

I'll try playing with it for a while then "change" the refresh rate to 60 again, thought that it would be the most effective way to try and see the difference.

Are they not the same thing? When it comes down to it, the FPS is what determines the refresh rate.

My monitor displays 60 fps maximum, hence the 60 Hz

My game usually runs at 300+ fps, my monitor won't still output those frames, it will output 60.

I overclocked my monitor to 76, game still runs at 300+ fps but I have no idea if it's actually outputting that 76. Fps counters won't give me information as it doesn't show the refresh rate of the game, which can still be 60 (apart for BF)

I just overclocked my monitor to 76 Hz. Now how can I be sure that my games, such as CS:GO, are running in this refresh rate? I did the launch command "-refreshrate 76" but I cannot say for sure if the game is running on that amount of Hz. 

Thank you.

Are you an nvidia user? If so go to nvidia control panel and change preferred refresh rate to highest available.

Also right click your desktop, go to change resolution, then go to advanced settings.

Now click the monitor tab and make sure you have your refresh rate selected in the drop down box.

On my monitor i can go through the menus in the osd and see information, which displays current refresh rate.

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000

I don't see the point in OC'in you're monitor, if you NEED the higher refresh rate buy a 120 or 144hz. OC'in it will just cause damage to the pixels for what 16 fps extra? I don't see how this would EVER be considered beneficial, yes if u managed a 100hz or more then maybe but breaking you're monitor for 16hz I just don't see as worth it.

Intel i7 4790k | Corsair H110i GTX | MSI Z97S Krait | 16GB HyperX Fury | ASUS Strix GTX 970 | Samsung 850 EVO 120GB SSD | Seagate 1TB Hybrid SSHD | WD 3TB Green | Corsair TX750M | 

Corsair Graphite 760t White | 3x AOC i2267Fwh 21.5 inch IPS Monitor 1080p | Corsair Raptor k50 RGB | Logitech G500 | Blue Snowball

Are you an nvidia user? If so go to nvidia control panel and change preferred refresh rate to highest available.

Also right click your desktop, go to change resolution, then go to advanced settings.

Now click the monitor tab and make sure you have your refresh rate selected in the drop down box.

On my monitor i can go through the menus in the osd and see information, which displays current refresh rate.

Yeah I checked those all and they do show 76 Hz, I just don't know whether the game can still sun on the lower Hz/fps. It does feel smoother in CS too so I would say it is working correctly.

Thanks.

I don't see the point in OC'in you're monitor, if you NEED the higher refresh rate buy a 120 or 144hz. OC'in it will just cause damage to the pixels for what 16 fps extra? I don't see how this would EVER be considered beneficial, yes if u managed a 100hz or more then maybe but breaking you're monitor for 16hz I just don't see as worth it.

I never said I need the higher refresh rate, I want it.And I don't have 250 euros lying around so I could purchase one right now, maybe later.

Overclocking the monitor is simply free, and as for breaking it, I haven't heard a single person who has completely fried their monitors by increasing the refresh rate. The worst scenario I know is some skipping frames but I already checked that false. 

Actually, I just checked the information of the monitor while I was in-game, and it tells me that the monitor is running on 1280x960 at 60 Hz when I have CS set on 720p. I should also mention that I have the whole monitor on 720p to achieve the 76 Hz.

Any idea why this is happening?

Actually, I just checked the information of the monitor while I was in-game, and it tells me that the monitor is running on 1280x960 at 60 Hz when I have CS set on 720p. I should also mention that I have the whole monitor on 720p to achieve the 76 Hz.

Any idea why this is happening?

Are you nvidia?

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000

Are you nvidia?

Yeah I have a 760. Could it be because it's stretching the game to full screen? Should I try something like 900p?

Are you nvidia?

Actually now it's showing this resolution everywhere. Sometimes even 1080p 

Ok so you can confirm your advanced monitor settings are set to the hz you want, like mine is?
Zrspkqs.png

And in nvidia control panel you have highest available set also like mine is?

ofLrBn6.png

Ok so you can confirm your advanced monitor settings are set to the hz you want, like mine is?

Zrspkqs.png

And in nvidia control panel you have highest available set also like mine is?

ofLrBn6.png

I do have the refresh rate correct on the windows settings, I cannot see that setting on the Control Panel. 

Now the OSD show 76Hz 1280 by 960 so I'm not very sure if it is even correct at any point. I can definitely feel the difference from the beginning though.

On the cs go main menu turn v-sync on and see what the max frame rate goes to. If it goes to 73 then you know the refresh rate is working :)