Razer DeathAdder Chroma - Can I add weight?

deigo73

I got this mouse to replace my Corsair M90 for the sole reason of color coordination with my build. I don't mind the mouse, but I find it to be way too light. Does anyone know of a way to add weight to this mouse without obstructing functionality, comfort, or usability? 

Desktop: 12900k // 128GB DDR5 // 2x 3070

Laptop: Razer Blade 15 Advanced (2022) // i9 12-900H // 64GB DDR5 // 3080 Ti

None that I know off. Should've thought this one through bruh...

You can try opening it up and adding dense metals or fishing weights to it. Over at least that's what I've seen people suggest on OCN. 

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

you can buy some small paperweighs and open it up and duck tape it onto the cover

Are you new to the forums???? read the Code of Conduct HERE WANT SOME AWESOME LTT THEMED WALLPAPERS??? check out XTanksSlayerX's wallpaper thread HERE 

"May our framerates be high, and our temperatures low" - PC MasterRace

Another option would maybe get a more rigid mouse pad that requires more effort to slide?

Workstation i7-3930k | GTX 980 SLI | 2 x P2715Q (2160p) | AX1200i | H100i

Server E3-1245v3 | 24GB RAM | Be Quiet! 600W PSU | Be Quiet! Rock Pro 3

None that I know off. Should've thought this one through bruh...

You can try opening it up and adding dense metals or fishing weights to it. Over at least that's what I've seen people suggest on OCN. 

Well I'm not 100% decided on keeping the mouse at this point. If I can't get some weight in there then I'll just return it and find another black and red mouse that I like. I like the idea of just trying to add weight internally. I'll give that a shot when I get home today.

@Vypr I'm actually looking at getting a new pad / mat, too. I'm shopping right now, actually. Every post that I see inquiring about them everyone has their own opinion as to what is ideal. I know it's hard to go based off of someone's opinion on a product that they have, so I try not to ask what people think would be a good purchase. I'm going to spend a couple hours reading about a few models and go from there.

Well I'm not 100% decided on keeping the mouse at this point. If I can't get some weight in there then I'll just return it and find another black and red mouse that I like. I like the idea of just trying to add weight internally. I'll give that a shot when I get home today.

@Vypr I'm actually looking at getting a new pad / mat, too. I'm shopping right now, actually. Every post that I see inquiring about them everyone has their own opinion as to what is ideal. I know it's hard to go based off of someone's opinion on a product that they have, so I try not to ask what people think would be a good purchase. I'm going to spend a couple hours reading about a few models and go from there.

If returning it is an option that'd be a way smaller headache than having to ghetto rig some weights to a perfectly good mouse.

How bout the M65 or Roccat Kone XTD / Kone XTD Optical?

As for the mouse pad, looking only at the difference in the types available there are two roads.

Speed: you get a smooth hard surface mouse pad that allows for faster sliding and swipes. Con being they reflect more sensor light increasing LOD.

Control: you get a rough soft surface mouse pad that offers more resistance when sliding and therefore more control. Pro being they absorb more sensor light helping to lower LOD. Con some are quite rough and can wreck your mouse feet.

If returning it is an option that'd be a way smaller headache than having to ghetto rig some weights to a perfectly good mouse.

How bout the M65 or Roccat Kone XTD / Kone XTD Optical?

As for the mouse pad, looking only at the difference in the types available there are two roads.

Speed: you get a smooth hard surface mouse pad that allows for faster sliding and swipes. Con being they reflect more sensor light increasing LOD.

Control: you get a rough soft surface mouse pad that offers more resistance when sliding and therefore more control. Pro being they absorb more sensor light helping to lower LOD. Con some are quite rough and can wreck your mouse feet.

I originally didn't go with the M65 because I was under the impression that the new Corsair logo, which I find hideous, is not altered by the RGB. So it maintains that shitty look regardless or what I want it to be. That being said, though, I do believe that I'm going to return the Chroma and get the M65 anyways. I also believe I'll pick up the Razer (ugh) Vespula dual sided mouse pad since it'll give me both mat surfaces to tinker with. Do you have any thoughts on this mat in particular?

Thanks for your post. Influenced my decision!

I also believe I'll pick up the Razer (ugh) Vespula dual sided mouse pad since it'll give me both mat surfaces to tinker with. Do you have any thoughts on this mat in particular?

Glad I could help. :)

I only know what I've read on it when I was looking for a mouse pad myself. Which is that it's fairly small compared to the average mouse pad.

People quite consistently report the speed side being very low quality, prone to permanent scuffing and scratching.

The terms overpriced junk Razer were mentioned. :P

Can't tell you much more, as I ended up going with the $10 Steelseries QCK and I'm happy with it.

I originally didn't go with the M65 because I was under the impression that the new Corsair logo, which I find hideous, is not altered by the RGB. So it maintains that shitty look regardless or what I want it to be. That being said, though, I do believe that I'm going to return the Chroma and get the M65 anyways. I also believe I'll pick up the Razer (ugh) Vespula dual sided mouse pad since it'll give me both mat surfaces to tinker with. Do you have any thoughts on this mat in particular?

Word of advice, I had the Vespula for 10 minutes. It wouldn't track the mouse I was using at the time which was the RAT 9. Just a note of caution.

X99 WhoKnowsAnymore
CPU: Intel i7 5930K | Motherboard: MSI X99A Gaming Pro Carbon | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti Hybrid | 

@Shaqo_Wyn @LongbowX404

Yeah I have no patience for a shitty pad that is known for issues. I'll stack that up to another Razer product that I'll never buy. This DeathAdder Chroma was my first Razer product, and it is full of disappointment and anguish  :(

@Shaqo_Wyn @LongbowX404

Yeah I have no patience for a shitty pad that is known for issues. I'll stack that up to another Razer product that I'll never buy. This DeathAdder Chroma was my first Razer product, and it is full of disappointment and anguish   :(

I'm using the Deathadder Chroma right now after trying the famed G502 and Razer Naga Epic Chroma. xD

X99 WhoKnowsAnymore
CPU: Intel i7 5930K | Motherboard: MSI X99A Gaming Pro Carbon | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti Hybrid | 

I'm using the Deathadder Chroma right now after trying the famed G502 and Razer Naga Epic Chroma. xD

Do you feel the DA Chroma is too light? I play a lot of Titanfall, which is a very snappy FPS. I'm all over the place with my mouse and it feels like I'm about the throw the Chroma through the wall if I move it too quickly. 

I'm going to swing by MicroCenter and pick up the Corsair RGB M65 and a Steelseries QcK+ (since they don't carry the heavy, ugh). 

I'll post my thoughts after I have some time to play around with them.

Do you feel the DA Chroma is too light? I play a lot of Titanfall, which is a very snappy FPS. I'm all over the place with my mouse and it feels like I'm about the throw the Chroma through the wall if I move it too quickly. 

I'm going to swing by MicroCenter and pick up the Corsair RGB M65 and a Steelseries QcK+ (since they don't carry the heavy, ugh). 

I'll post my thoughts after I have some time to play around with them.

I honestly feel its just right, I play at a lower DPI than most people though. I also programmed the nearer button of the extra two to be a dpi clutch for sniping. 

Hey I work there xD

X99 WhoKnowsAnymore

When it comes to dual sided mousepads, I don't think anyone has quite the reputation of Func. When their 1030 achieved a legendary status, Razer had like 3 mice out and hadn't even touched mousepads.

Been using the 1030 L for quite a while now and I rather like it.

I own and use, sorted from newest to oldest: SteelSeries 6Gv2. Microsoft SideWinder X4. Mionix Naos 7000. Zowie EC1 Evo. Microsoft SideWinder X8. Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer 3.0. Dell U2414H. Samsung P2270H. AKG K273 Pro. Sennheiser HD555. Razer Goliathus Speed Medium. Func 1030 L. Qpad CT Medium.

I used to own: Razer DeathAdder 3G. Razer Krait. IntelliMouse Optical 1.1. SteelSeries QcK.

I honestly feel its just right, I play at a lower DPI than most people though. I also programmed the nearer button of the extra two to be a dpi clutch for sniping. 

Hey I work there xD

Where do you live? Profile doesn't say. On topic... I have never found the DPI button bind to be very helpful. I'm used to playing as such an extremely fast pace, even while sniping, that slowing my DPI while sniping or not is almost too much of an adjustment for me to make. 

Being said, I absolutely love the M65. What is the deal with Corsair's software being complete shit? It has been for years, but I was really hoping it would have made some improvements. I also picked up the Steelseries QcK+, which I think is a bit too big for my area, but I'm going to keep it anyways. It's not worth the hassle to return it. I played a few games of Titanfall and found that my mouse goes nowhere near the edges, and I'm sure I'd have plenty of space on their non-XL version.

tape some rocks to it. 

i7 4930k / Asus GTX titan / 16 gig dominator platinum / asus rampage extreme IV black edition AC4 / RM850 PSU / 512 samsung 840 pro