Opinions on Types of Mice

KaminKevCrew

If this should have gone into general discussion, or something of the like, I apologize and I would appreciate it if the mods could more the thread to the appropriate section. This seemed like the best place to post this to me, so I posted it here. 

Hi all, I thought I would start this thread to get people's opinions on some of the different types of mice available. I'm mostly interested in what people think of using them for gaming, but other applications could be discussed too :) What do you guys think of regular mice vs. trackballs vs. anything else? Regular mice can be split into optical and laser, and trackballs can be separated into thumb, and non-thumb(?), and others are, well, others...

So what do you guys think about the different kinds of mice for gaming? I know that one of my friends uses a classic Kesington trackball for his gaming, and he consistently pulls 4+ K-D ratio in COD 4 (The merits of that game should probably not be discussed here) and by 4 K-D I mean roughly 80 kills, and 20 deaths. 

I have just purchased a Kensington Trackball Expert mouse, and it's coming tomorrow. I'm really excited to get to using a trackball again, since I'm terrible at keeping my arms off the table, I can't make large moves with regular mice, which makes me terrible at some games like CS:GO (yes, I blame it on my lazyness)...

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

Optical mice are my favorite for all around use. Honestly it depends on the person :P

A mouse can assist a player, but it won't turn a crappy one into an amazing one.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

I like optical mice, "perfect" tracking is important to me especially in a $60+ mouse. So any mice with a 3310 or S3988 sensor is good in my book provided the build quality and ergonomics are also up to par.

I also console game so sometimes I switch it up and use a DS3. Mice or DS3 doesn't really affect my succes in games.

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

death adder is a great mouse (ergonomic) or if you wait around, ncix has a deal every now and then for a g502 and a mouse mat for 65 or 70 dollars. best deal out there. 

i7 4930k / Asus GTX titan / 16 gig dominator platinum / asus rampage extreme IV black edition AC4 / RM850 PSU / 512 samsung 840 pro